GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official MK6 TDI Tunes Thread

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Making this thread to log the tunes available for the MK6 CR140 TDI.

Last edited:

topdawgx99

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had Malone stage 2 with downpipe, and I now currently have Malone stage 1.5. When I was stage 2, I was told they logged 315 tq and 165whp. They did not give me and figures with stage 1.5, except ballpark 153whp and 293tq. I drive a manual.

QuitersLOSE14

Ready to race!
I've had Malone stage 2 with downpipe, and I now currently have Malone stage 1.5. When I was stage 2, I was told they logged 315 tq and 165whp. They did not give me and figures with stage 1.5, except ballpark 153whp and 293tq. I drive a manual.

Those figures are very nice. And yes why the downgrade? Also, they have a custom tune option too right?

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Added crank HP and TQ numbers since those were easily accessible from the tuners' sites.

Without independent dynoing, take the numbers with a grain of salt.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Can you add whether it requires DPF or not as well as whether it requires DSG tune.

Euro Pros

Disclaimer: I'm an APR dealer

You would think that the Malone tune with 333 lb-ft would would feel much faster than the APR with 297 lb-ft, but the APR tune felt faster with the butt dyno. The two cars driven were a 6spd Sport Wagon with APR and DSG Golf with Malone Stage 2. Not Apples to apples, but still...

DZLmk6

Passed Driver's Ed

You would think that the Malone tune with 333 lb-ft would would feel much faster than the APR with 297 lb-ft, but the APR tune felt faster with the butt dyno. The two cars driven were a 6spd Sport Wagon with APR and DSG Golf with Malone Stage 2. Not Apples to apples, but still...

I've heard the same thing from several people before. :iono:

rs999

Go Kart Champion

I was at that test and that was my Malone Stage 2 Golf TDI getting ass whupped by a APR Stage 1 TDI Sportwagen.

Last edited:

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
That's the first I've ever heard of anyone claiming APR was better than Malone in any way.

Bird went from APR Stage I to Malone Stage II, with his DPF still intact, and claims it is far superior. :iono:

This is why I haven't gotten a tune yet; I can't stand the lack of true comparison data on them :(

topdawgx99

Passed Driver's Ed
I downgraded because the smell was really bad. Embarrassing when around other people or my girlfriends parents -_- another reason is if I decide to trade in, life would be easier as it is now road legal with the dpf intact.

rs999

Go Kart Champion
I downgraded because the smell was really bad. Embarrassing when around other people or my girlfriends parents -_- another reason is if I decide to trade in, life would be easier as it is now road legal with the dpf intact.

The way your DP was setup is it needed a diesel catalyst welded to it.

Ben Gilman, VA Malone tuner, showed me an example of a PDE DP with a big Magnaflow diesel catalyst welded onto it, he said it eliminates most of the fuel smell associated with a DPF delete. Also, Les @ DieselDubs said he could weld on the stock NOX catalyst to his DP but it would be special order.