GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 Stage 1 Vs. MK6 Stage 2

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
Ur confusing fsi with tsi! Mk5s spike at 20-22 with apr

no... FSIs spike at around 20-22. TSIs do not peak as high.

you cannot say MKVs as a whole spike at either because... my MKV has the TSI while earlier MKVs had the FSI. Not saying you don't know this, but I think a lot of MKVI guys don't realize the later years of the MKV have the same TSI engine as the MKVI (aside from encryption shit that makes chipping more involved).

Oh so it holds at 10 pounds less then what it spikes okay that's smart... Not!!

Actually it holds over 20psi until past 4,000RPM. Anyway, boost itself is not indicative of a cars power output. Things like timing and air/fuel also make a large difference.

There are a lot more things going on than, "omg I happen to have unitronic so its the best!!11"

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Euphoria are you high if I raped him that bad from a roll I sure as hell wouldn't lose from a dig

That's not always true. I raced a GTO from a dig with a 335xi and smoked him from a dig. When we raced again at 50 he beat me. So it's not always the case because if you have that much power on a front wheel drive car traction can become an issue. I'm assuming you're a good driver tho so ofcourse gti vs gti you would probably win.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Boostin your a Lil bitch ur dsg and talk a lot of shit. Next time don't back down from a race and I'll whore you

LOL don't get mad man ur gti looks fast as hell but how is your tune cuz i'm debating on apr or unitronic.

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
Only thing i know is i'm never going back to stage 2 :) I know stage 2 is fast but definitely doesn't feel THAT faster than stage 1, it may be fast as you can see on the video but you only realize you're going fast when you look at the speedometer and by the time that happens you're already doing 80 and it's time to hit the brakes.. the fun doesn't last that much. Stage 1? The perfect power rush with quick enough spooling times for a fun ride in everyday driving.

09mkvgti

Ready to race!
Only thing i know is i'm never going back to stage 2 :) I know stage 2 is fast but definitely doesn't feel THAT faster than stage 1, it may be fast as you can see on the video but you only realize you're going fast when you look at the speedometer and by the time that happens you're already doing 80 and it's time to hit the brakes.. the fun doesn't last that much. Stage 1? The perfect power rush with quick enough spooling times for a fun ride in everyday driving.

k04, quick spooling times, much more power, and fun for everyday driving. I haven't had any drivability issues since I've had it and it's really smooth.

I do agree about the stage 2 statement. My friends stage 1 felt just as fast as my stage 2, we never raced, but it's definitely not such a wow factor from stage 1 to 2 as I thought it would be.

Nice race OP!

Last edited:

Cannon03

Ready to race!
Guy at a meet wants to race me even though he knows im stage 2, he swears that APR stage 1 is amazing.:lol: I think i put him in the place as the video shows. Check the vid out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIR41IJEWq8

Nice kill. Did you guys do more than one run? Get a chance to talk after? Just wondering if he was slow to react or not. Anyway, nice to see the difference between stg 1 and 2.

Noww what about me racing u? Unitronic stage II vs APR stage II hhhhhhmmmmmmmm I only wonder......
This...

I'll race you for the people wanting an APR vs Unitronic race ;)
and this. Would be cool to see the difference. Nice friendly run to satisfy everyone's curiosity.

duces

Passed Driver's Ed
wen we raced i wasnt stage 1, i only had a custom piece of shit intake n a cutoff on my muffler and resonator no apr.

duces

Passed Driver's Ed
That car in the video is yours? That would explain it, there's not THAT much of a difference in stage 1 vs 2, that race does look stage 2 vs stock.

yeahh i asked the kid wut he had n told me stage 2 so i saw it so i can see it but i wasnt stage 1 but now im stage 1 and wana see the difference between stage 1 n stage 2