GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage III vs xxxx

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
Stage II+ Golf Rs are a second slower if not more in the 1/4 mile than me, they had a half dozen of them at Bandimere for the Bug-In this summer when I raced my car. I was the fastest water cooled car there. I don't go out looking for races so finding a car with equal mods is going to be harder since its just happenstance some one wants to race. Haters gonna hate, you don't know what the other person has until after the race any way so to say you should race faster cars is just ignorant. If someone wants to go I will do it but I'm not gonna check with them on what they have until after the race, hell not knowing your gonna get your arse handed to you is half the fun.

That's all I race is cars that are close matches. What's the point of getting dragged by a ridiculously fast car or yanking some kid in a civic?

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
That's all I race is cars that are close matches. What's the point of getting dragged by a ridiculously fast car or yanking some kid in a civic?

the point he's trying to make is you don't know what that person has done to the car until after you get smoke or smoke someone. there are plenty of civics that would destroy a modded civic. Lets be real here, most people think our GTIs are just as slow as those civics out there.

Obviously this is assuming you don't know the person or the car which is what the OP was talking about.