GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne tune

privman

Ready to race!
Yes it has to be bench flashed first.

I don't trust fast enough. So can I just have the ecu benched somewhere then order maestro and be good to go?

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Heres an idea, you could get the APR test flash so the APR vendor would have to crack the ECU. Then once the test is up, flash back to OEM software, then flash Maestro

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
Heres an idea, you could get the APR test flash so the APR vendor would have to crack the ECU. Then once the test is up, flash back to OEM software, then flash Maestro

doesnt work that way, you'd have to crack it again to to bench flash Eurodyne on it. I did exactly that, went from APR to Eurodyne and it needed bench flashed again. After that first flash i am able to upload the tunes on my own though.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to bump an old thread but looking into tunes myself and extremely torn between companies. I have researched APR, Unitronic, Revo, and Eurodyne. I'm new to GTI and also to the tuning thing. Does Eurodyne do a good tune on it's own without getting the Maestro suite to make your own tunes?

ruck

Ready to race!
The maestro suite is worth getting even if you're not going to play with tunes in my opinion. You can flash tunes right in your driveway and switch tunes at no cost. If I had to do it all over again I would go with eurodyne right of the bat. I switched from GIAC and was able to flash to the eurodyne stage 2 tune right in the driveway. The eurodyne stage 2 also pulls harder and feels better than the GIAC tune did as well.

The suite was 800 and you can switch tunes at any time whereas with other companies, GIAC for example, you have to pay anytime you want to switch to stage 2, back to stock, to k04, etc.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
GIAC for example, you have to pay anytime you want to switch to stage 2, back to stock, to k04, etc.

Unless your dealer is charging labor, this is not the case with GIAC. If you are adding a feature there is a charge (race mode just cost me $100) but stage level pump tune upgrades have been free.

Eurodyne is very convenient in that you have access to a library of tunes, so that is a huge plus, especially if you don't have a tuner near you. If you know you're going to go stage 1, then 2, then K04 or even big turbo over time then starting with Eurodyne is a great idea. Maestro isn't needed unless you want a custom tune for any level of mods, or if you are going way into left field with turbo size, water/meth, E85, etc.

If I end up with a Frankenturbo, I'd definitely switch from GIAC to Eurodyne at that point. If I get a regular K04, then I'll get a free GIAC flash from my tuner who will likely be installing that kit as well. Just depends on your goals and situation.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Oh wow! That sounds like one of the best packages around for the mk6. I get a lot for that fee where as other companies can cost that said and down for stage 2 or higher and like you said you can't go back and change anything. Thanks for the speedy response and your own comparison to a different tune. Have you used any other companies besides GIAC and Eurodyne? I know Unitronic offers Uniconnect which allows you to do similar but I've read and heard from others that they don't offer as much power as Eurodyne and the graphs I seen from Unitronic tunes seem to be pretty flat and linear once they hit peak early on in the rpms compared to Eurodyne.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Unless your dealer is charging labor, this is not the case with GIAC. If you are adding a feature there is a charge (race mode just cost me $100) but stage level pump tune upgrades have been free.

Eurodyne is very convenient in that you have access to a library of tunes, so that is a huge plus, especially if you don't have a tuner near you. If you know you're going to go stage 1, then 2, then K04 or even big turbo over time then starting with Eurodyne is a great idea. Maestro isn't needed unless you want a custom tune for any level of mods, or if you are going way into left field with turbo size, water/meth, E85, etc.

If I end up with a Frankenturbo, I'd definitely switch from GIAC to Eurodyne at that point. If I get a regular K04, then I'll get a free GIAC flash from my tuner who will likely be installing that kit as well. Just depends on your goals and situation.

Yeah, I live in central Illinois and the closest dealers for APR, Unitronic and REVO are in the Chicago land area which is about a 2 1/2-3 hour drive for me. The closest Eurodyne is up in Wisconsin which would be at least a 3 hour drive. So honestly I have to drive for anyone I would choose. I do want to go in possible stages since I'm not sure how soon I would do a K04 upgrade. Plus the driving alone would be enough for me to pay a little extra for Eurodyne and not have to make that drive anytime I'd want an upgrade or need to be flashed. So that's where my biggest dilemma rises from...I know I'll be happy with probably any tune I get, but it's the one company I want to stick with and not switching between them as it costs a lot of money to do that lol. Thanks for your input on the matter. If I were to end up doing a turbo upgrade the Frankenturbo seems the most appealing to me.

ruck

Ready to race!

Hmm well my closest GIAC dealer closed so I was having to ship my ecu to shops to get reflashed. I was charged ~200 to go from stage 1 to 2 and then quoted 250 to go to a k04 file. On top of that it would've been 150 for a flashloader (or like 80 used) and then 50 to have a stock file added to the ecu even though I had stage 2 and stock already. That's why I said fuck it and ordered the maestro suite. I'll be able to install my k04 and just flash it in the garage.

If I had free upgrades from GIAC, I likely would've stayed with GIAC as you have, makes perfect sense. From scratch I would definitely do eurodyne personally especially since I went from stage 1 to stage 2 and now k04.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Do you people using Eurodyne preferably with Mastero know if it requires a internet connection each time you flash the car?

ruck

Ready to race!
That's a good question, I haven't noticed since I've been on WiFi every time. I know you definitely do for the initial flash but I want to say that once you have the file saved on your computer, you can flash without an internet connection. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me

Nezoid

Ready to race!
Do you people using Eurodyne preferably with Mastero know if it requires a internet connection each time you flash the car?

You only need an internet connection to use "Eurodyne Flash" to download/flash base tunes.

With Mastero, there are base files online you can download. But I didn't see anything for me. They sent me a Stage 1 Mastero file.

So no you don't need an internet connection to do the actual flash.

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion

That's a good question, I haven't noticed since I've been on WiFi every time. I know you definitely do for the initial flash but I want to say that once you have the file saved on your computer, you can flash without an internet connection. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me

You only need an internet connection to use "Eurodyne Flash" to download/flash base tunes.

With Mastero, there are base files online you can download. But I didn't see anything for me. They sent me a Stage 1 Mastero file.

So no you don't need an internet connection to do the actual flash.

When i ran Eurodyne on my Mk6 i didn't need an internet connection to flash a tune.

My Mk7 however, since it's currently just flashes and not Maestro yet, i need to connect to their server each time to load a new tune. However i loaded the stage 1.5 tune the week i bought the car and havent had a single issue or need to change it yet. Once i get a downpipe and go stage 2 i hope Maestro and the DSG tune are out for the Mk7