GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the MK6 Oil Catch Can System

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
What is the volume (fill capacity) of the can itself?

I notice (and your website states) it uses the OEM style quick connectors (plastic) on the line "ends", are the lines plastic as well? (similar to the OEM line off the intake manifold>engine.) Or oil resistant rubber with insulation?

jamlee

Ready to race!
Is that a self tap bolt? Or the Pcv hose has threading? Should I use thread sealant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the orange on the silver blot looks like loctite and its supposed to go into the boost tap to block off the port where the oe hose goes from the manifold to pcv

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
What is the volume (fill capacity) of the can itself?

You'll want to drain the can if it gets half way filled. The quick drain on the bottom will make that easy. You can either put a cup under it, move the knob, and drain, or use the elongated quick connect drain hose.

I notice (and your website states) it uses the OEM style quick connectors (plastic) on the line "ends", are the lines plastic as well? (similar to the OEM line off the intake manifold>engine.) Or oil resistant rubber with insulation?

The lines are buna N, for use with oil / fuel / coolant etc. Basically, the lines are designed for all the junk that will flow through them.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
engine can be designed that doesn't get carbon buildup and require cleaning no?
or let all that other junk get into the engine?

I'm not %100 but I think all direct injection engines suffer from carbon buildup my man

cons

Passed Driver's Ed
Arin, Why do you connect intake of your catch can to idle breathe port (on the front valve cover) and block boost port of PCV? Will the PCV work on the idle only or on the boost too? I didn't see such solution before.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
I'm not %100 but I think all direct injection engines suffer from carbon buildup my man

Nope lucky Europeans have a 5th injector for flex fuel I think (not really sure why they have it) that helps with that and I'm sure other DI engines have something similar. Wish we had that here for more power and carbon prevention.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Arin, Why do you connect intake of your catch can to idle breathe port (on the front valve cover) and block boost port of PCV? Will the PCV work on the idle only or on the boost too? I didn't see such solution before.

Boost. The front and rear tubes are linked, but operate with check valves in place to ensure they can't see boost pressure when stock.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Nope lucky Europeans have a 5th injector for flex fuel I think (not really sure why they have it) that helps with that and I'm sure other DI engines have something similar. Wish we had that here for more power and carbon prevention.

They don't. The B8.5 A4 engine has a 5th injector on some cars. It's only for ethanol cold starts at something like 10c and below. It otherwise never sprays at all.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion

I learn something new everyday, and today it didn't cost me any money. thanks

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
They don't. The B8.5 A4 engine has a 5th injector on some cars. It's only for ethanol cold starts at something like 10c and below. It otherwise never sprays at all.

I'm sure that can be programmed to do more than that right? [emoji6]

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
Just installed this kit. Very nice setup, and super easy install.

The can is really well constructed.... It rattles a bit when you handle it, but there's no noticeable sound driving or sitting idle.

Looks great in the engine bay, too - aside from my disgustingly filthy engine bay ;)

I'll get better shots tomorrow after I wash the engine bay!