GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Pressure/Temp sensor solutions

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone make a solution for both of these? I've seen an adapter from 42dd for oil pressure but nothing for temp.

I'm not interested in an external oil cooler at the moment, just want to monitor these items. I've seen sandwich plate adapters for the oil filter that incorporate temp/pressure sensors in them, but nothing for MK6s.

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
What is the adapter from Issam Abed? Haven't seen this. Is it integrated with a sandwich plate?

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
It attaches to the alternator with a braided hose that goes to the hole where the OEM oil pressure sensor is under the oil filter and then you screw the OEM oil pressure sensor into the distribution block. Then you screw your aftermarket oil pressure sensor into the distribution block.

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Wow, neat! I like that bracket. Did you just contact him to order through his site or is there a distributor? Do you have both of these? I track and wanted to watch pressure and temp. Was a little nervous about a sensor on the drain plug.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Wow, neat! I like that bracket. Did you just contact him to order through his site or is there a distributor? Do you have both of these? I track and wanted to watch pressure and temp. Was a little nervous about a sensor on the drain plug.

I actually tapped my pan where the OEM oil temp sensor would go if US cars came with one.

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Thank you for sharing! Appreciate the advice!

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Do you track? What kind of temps/pressure do you see if so?

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Bump. What pressure do you guys see? I see 22 when warm at idle and 40-50ish depending on RPM.

mfractal

Ready to race!
40-50 psi I assume ? Sounds a bit low for high rpm situations. Should be around 60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Psi, yes. Haven't redined it yet, but I'm projecting there abouts. The APR OPS thread seems to suggest about 50 is what they saw in testing on a track.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
I actually tapped my pan where the OEM oil temp sensor would go if US cars came with one.

Found this thread after our discussion about oil temps on the other thread for Carbon buil-up. So did you have to do drilling intho he oils pan for mounting this? Also, I see you have an R32 belly pan as well. Any clearance issues with this. I also plan to get VWR springs installed at some point this spring, any ground clearance issues going this route?

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Found this thread after our discussion about oil temps on the other thread for Carbon buil-up. So did you have to do drilling intho he oils pan for mounting this? Also, I see you have an R32 belly pan as well. Any clearance issues with this. I also plan to get VWR springs installed at some point this spring, any ground clearance issues going this route?

I didn't have to drill into the oil pan, but I have a replacement oil pan. Some of the pans that came from the factory have the oil sensor hole welded shut rather than the bolt on cover. If that's the case you'd have to remove the pan and drill and weld a bung on or you'd have to buy the replacement pan with removable cover like in the link.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assembled-by-ecs-parts/oil-pan-with-level-sensor-cover/06j103600af2kt/

I don't have any clearance issues. My sender isn't lower than the subframe. It's going to depend on what the dimensions of the sender that comes with what ever gauge you choose though.

I have this VEI dual oil pressure/oil temp gauge.

http://www.veisystems.com/ws/oil-pr...ual-oil-pressure-oil-temperature-monitor.html

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for he links. If I remember correctly I think mine is welded shut. You can see where the spot would be. At least the pan isn't that expensive to get. Where do you have your oil pressure sensor reading from?