GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti rattle

gtiGreateness

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

So as of recent my Gti has started rattling every time I come off of the throttle. Upon searching the forums, it seemed to have been a waste-gate rattle as the sound was identical. Today I installed the clip and took it out for a drive. Alas to my disappointment, the rattle is still there. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mk6Sam

Does it sound like this? https://youtu.be/HXDaDivGdp0

I have the same problem and the clip only helped my rattle on acceleration.

On deceleration it is still present, wastegate on the inside of the turbo is still rattling.

Still boosts fine but may become an issue later down the road. My plan is to just let it go until it fails...I've come to just deal with it for now.

gtiGreateness

Ready to race!
That’s the one. Guess I’m going to have to get used to it [emoji20] So what’s the likelihood of the waste-gate failing?

Mk6Sam

That’s the one. Guess I’m going to have to get used to it [emoji20] So what’s the likelihood of the waste-gate failing?

From my research it is just the wastegate not seating properly because of too much play.

I’m guessing it’s really random of when there will be total failure.

Most likely will give you at P0299 code (underboost condition) when it is almost on its way out.

For now just gonna have to deal with the bicycle coasting sound, or replace the turbo with a good/upgraded one.

gtiGreateness

Ready to race!
Man now you got me thinking [emoji16] might have to consider this, now have a legit reason to tell the wife why I need a k04. Thanks for the help sir, much appreciated