GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

master water/meth discussion thread

adema69

Ready to race!
The direct methanol guys do you guys have wot off throttle issues? Are you guys noticing your running rich from the left over fluid in the lines after your distribution blocks?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
do more peeps on here run maf/mapor boost controlled systems?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
The direct methanol guys do you guys have wot off throttle issues? Are you guys noticing your running rich from the left over fluid in the lines after your distribution blocks?

To minimize that run the nozzles with the built in checkvalves as opposed to running a single checkvalve or solenoid prior to distribution block.

MacRadiators

Passed Driver's Ed
Where do you guys fit the pump and tank? I need to find a spot for my Leon.
The pump needs to be situated under the tank, right?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
selling a snow upgraded solenoid and boost controller, both brand new, PM me if interested

to the guy above, my pump is on bsh mount which is lower than the tank, however routing the lines so they don't go down, up and back down was impossible for me. An upgraded solenoid helps keep air out of the lines. My tank is sitting on the floor of my trunk in place of the styrofoam trays. I think it's ok as is.

CW_2.ohT

Hey guys, I am having trouble finding which wire is the signal wire I need to tap into for my meth controller from the MAP Sensor. Currently tapped into the green wire and the controller isn't turning on.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
after reading a few pages of this ridiculously long thread I am now contemplating an AEM or Devils own kit. For the ppl with k04's and w/m kits, did you really notice a power increase initially? is it truly a worthy mod? i have a stratified protune so I could very easily get it tuned for it. Theres 230+ pages so ppl must do really w/m for a reason.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Still selling a boost operated SNOW controller if anyone's piecing something together. 100 OBO beats paying over 225

after reading a few pages of this ridiculously long thread I am now contemplating an AEM or Devils own kit. For the ppl with k04's and w/m kits, did you really notice a power increase initially? is it truly a worthy mod? i have a stratified protune so I could very easily get it tuned for it. Theres 230+ pages so ppl must do really w/m for a reason.

I made my kit out of SNOW stuff but doesn't matter that much honestly as long as nothing fails and you arent over/under spraying (which is hard to quantify unless you log and know how to look at the logs)

I'm not tuned specifically for it on my K04, but can say with some confidence that on a hot summer day the car pulls like its much cooler out, which could really be a big difference HP wise. As for whether it would actually be faster on a cold day, I really can't say. Placebo in me wants to go for it, but likely would be the same minus lack of heat soak on repeated pulls.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
anyone have a DPI with snow performance stage2 kit? pics?

to distribute on a stock manifold (plastic) you would have to drill and JB Weld in the proper fittings and of course have the jets, Chkvalves or Solenoid and a distribution block 1 line in and 4 or more out. See page 79 of this post for related info.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
^ Sure it's page 79?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
So I calculated my total flow based on a 50:50 mix to be about 495cc/flow (330 x 1.5). If I am running a dual nozzle setup, can I just run 2 250ml nozzles? Or should the throttle body nozzle be smaller since it's closer to the head?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
So I calculated my total flow based on a 50:50 mix to be about 495cc/flow (330 x 1.5). If I am running a dual nozzle setup, can I just run 2 250ml nozzles? Or should the throttle body nozzle be smaller since it's closer to the head?

Based on your build thread you are running a 93 tune and I assume you are running 93 in the tank. Water Meth will help you on a hot day when you have power loss because of the heat but the tune isn't really aggressive enough to take advantage of that much water/meth.

I had a K04 setup and ran a race file that required 100 octane fuel. I ran the file daily and in California we only have 91oct fuel so I made up the difference with water meth (50/50). In my setup I ran dual nozzle with 225ml off intercooler and 225ml in throttle body plate. With that setup I had zero timing retard throughout a 4th gear pull from 2500 rpm to 7000 rpm.