GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Candy White Winter Paint Disease

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Iron-x and the nano auto scrub are must buys IMO for any CW owners. The auto scrub will reducing the time needed to clay significantly.

pcole904

Passed Driver's Ed
Iron X happens to be on BOGO at autogeek.

http://www.autogeek.net/iron-x-soap-gel.html

I was going to say the same thing. Buy a nice bottle of Iron X or clay bar should get those right out. I had them on my white GTI too until someone on this thread told me about iron x. Wash it first, use iron x/clay bar, wash, then put a nice sealant or compound then wax. I dont live in snow i live in Florida, but i wash my car twice a month an wax every 2 months. I For people that live in snow, correct me if im wrong, but is washing every week too much. As much snow and salt you can gte on the car in a week i would assume you should.

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
During the winter pot-hole season you will also notice asphalt spots on the paint. The freshly exposed asphalt below the worn (dried of light petroleum oils) layer is kicked up creating a shower of asphalt particles that cling to paint and produce heavy petroleum oil spots ( asphalt is a heavy oil) in addition to industrial fallout and ferrous brake dust.

As others have said: Iron-X, clay, polish, wax
Rinse and repeat

L0WCLASS1

Ready to race!
i guess this is karma biting me in the ass because i was damn that suck and im glad i dont have it...... well i was washing my car yesterday and guess what i have :((((:)thumbdown:

K0Z

Ready to race!

Calvintran

Ready to race!
mutt very informative responds! That should be the answer to all future questions.

on the other hand.. having mud flaps will help this problem?
i dont understand why I didnt install my mud flaps when i bought it like 6 months ago.. so lazy sigh

but again mutt that solves the mystery lol didnt understand the yellow crap! till now

MuttGrunt

Ready to race!
mutt very informative responds! That should be the answer to all future questions.

on the other hand.. having mud flaps will help this problem?
i dont understand why I didnt install my mud flaps when i bought it like 6 months ago.. so lazy sigh

but again mutt that solves the mystery lol didnt understand the yellow crap! till now

For sure.

Mud flaps might help, but not likely by much. They will help to prevent some rashing on the lower rockers, but in the end it's a personal choice of how you feel they work versus affect the aesthetics of your vehicle. Some love 'em, some hate 'em.

In the end, every little thing you do to help keep your baby in better shape can make an impact in the long run. Take good care of your baby and she'll look much better much longer.

or i can go to the dealer and be like wtf?:confused:

And have them jack up your paint even more. Great idea :thumbsup:

Bingo. This isn't a dealership problem. You might as well complain that after it rains, your car is dirty. This is something that happens to all vehicles, but is shown easiest on white.

Aside from that, I don't trust some underage minimum wage slave to drive nor touch my car let alone try to fix an aesthetic problem. If you do: this thread isn't for you.

L0WCLASS1

Ready to race!
For sure.

Mud flaps might help, but not likely by much. They will help to prevent some rashing on the lower rockers, but in the end it's a personal choice of how you feel they work versus affect the aesthetics of your vehicle. Some love 'em, some hate 'em.

In the end, every little thing you do to help keep your baby in better shape can make an impact in the long run. Take good care of your baby and she'll look much better much longer.

Bingo. This isn't a dealership problem. You might as well complain that after it rains, your car is dirty. This is something that happens to all vehicles, but is shown easiest on white.

Aside from that, I don't trust some underage minimum wage slave to drive nor touch my car let alone try to fix an aesthetic problem. If you do: this thread isn't for you.

not bingo ive never had paint rust on a car that barely had 1000 miles on it. im not saying its the dealers fault but seriously ive had white cars before never had this problem. so go ahead and bash me for thinking they can do a bit better job

Grownman

Ready to race!
i guess this is karma biting me in the ass because i was damn that suck and im glad i dont have it...... well i was washing my car yesterday and guess what i have :((((:)thumbdown:

or i can go to the dealer and be like wtf?:confused:

not bingo ive never had paint rust on a car that barely had 1000 miles on it. im not saying its the dealers fault but seriously ive had white cars before never had this problem. so go ahead and bash me for thinking they can do a bit better job

My understanding of your pov: If there are rust spots on my car, the dealership is & is not responsible? I should not have to purchase additional detailing products to handle this issue. In conclusion... rust spots stay there? :confused:

Reality: Dealership will tell you that's part of owning a white car. If you really insisted them on removing the rust spots, they can remove it; however your clear coat and finished will probably be destroyed in the process. Keep in mind the "detailer" working on your car is probably pissed that someone would ask him to remove rust spots. (I can just imagine a novice taking a rotary polisher to your paint possibly burning it)

Maybe you have rust spots appearing on your car; therefore, you are interested. If so, then taking the advice that the community and professionals like MattGrunt have offered would be a good idea, but please don't post conflicting responses to OP.

L0WCLASS1

Ready to race!
My understanding of your pov: If there are rust spots on my car, the dealership is & is not responsible? I should not have to purchase additional detailing products to handle this issue. In conclusion... rust spots stay there? :confused:

Reality: Dealership will tell you that's part of owning a white car. If you really insisted them on removing the rust spots, they can remove it; however your clear coat and finished will probably be destroyed in the process. Keep in mind the "detailer" working on your car is probably pissed that someone would ask him to remove rust spots. (I can just imagine a novice taking a rotary polisher to your paint possibly burning it)

Maybe you have rust spots appearing on your car; therefore, you are interested. If so, then taking the advice that the community and professionals like MattGrunt have offered would be a good idea, but please don't post conflicting responses to OP.

a detailer being pissed for doing his job? what he gets paid to do? does a hotel clerk get pissed when u come in asking for a room? does a doctor half ass a job when u need a surgery. now i know your going to say they are irrelevant to paint but I hope you get my point. In all honestly i understand paint rusts, but really only 1 month? and yes i am all for car care i do all my cleaning myself I do not trust anyone more then myself but again that paint went too fast.. I am going to wait on a warmer day and full detail the outside and inside.:)

L0WCLASS1

Ready to race!
and now reading over the convos i also think you are getting the wrong idea when i said wtf:confused:as in you better fix it as if im complaining to them, rather than wtf:confused: how did this happen,

Grownman

Ready to race!
In all honestly i understand paint rusts, but really only 1 month? and yes i am all for car care i do all my cleaning myself I do not trust anyone more then myself but again that paint went too fast.. I am going to wait on a warmer day and full detail the outside and inside.:)

Your problem is the same problem that happens to all cars, but shows especially well on white cars that have good brake pads (which therefore dust a lot). Small metal shards come off your rotors as you brake, especially if you brake hard, and fly in the air. Because of the placement of the brakes and aerodynamic flow of air around the vehicle, these particles are more likely to impact the paint just rear of the wheels, the lower sections of the vehicle, and the rear hatch. Because your clear-coat is a flexible material that is much like plastic, some of those metal shards end up sticking into the clear-coat and end up oxidizing, which shows as little rust specs.

While this happens to all vehicles, it shows most on white because of color contrast.

Not sure if you read previous posts.

TLDR: Not paint that rusts, rather contaminants (iron particles) embedded into clear coat. Over time oxidize/rusts thus more noticeable on CW.