GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel System Cleaner

MikeASKspeed

Ready to race!
Anyone use any type of fuel system cleaner in your 2.0 tsi's yet? Hurricane forced me to grab gas from a nasty station and my motor hates it. im assuming the gas sat in the tank (at the station) for a while before they got power back and the ethanol broke down plus im sure there was a great deal of water in the tanks as well. not a fuel expert but this has happened in other instances with other vehicles. Techtron, Red-Line, Lucas ok to use for direct injection? Just want to prevent future problems. I was also thinking running ethanol-free gas such as the vp ms line (ms100-ms109) to rid the lines and injectors of deposits and any water condensation. vw dealerships are closed by me (no power) I was hoping a tech there would be able to help out. Problem is i have a full tank of this stuff. Any input in helping me feel better buying a cleaner this early in the mileage (10,000) Thanks!!!

steby

ive used seafoam and techron in mine, nothing went wrong. lol

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
ive used seafoam and techron in mine, nothing went wrong. lol

+1

Also head to autoparts store to find "dry gas." Its alcohol that will pull the water out of the system.

Best of luck, be safe.

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
I ran seafoam through mine from when I was in afghanistan and car sat for months. No problems and when I pulled intake manifold everything looked pretty clean compared to before so it must work.

MikeASKspeed

Ready to race!
Thank's for the advice..I remember seeing "dry-gas" somewhere. Ill try that before I seafoam.

pamatt

Passed Driver's Ed
Seafoam is a good product but will not remove water. We have used Star Tron for years and have found nothing better. Most auto shops have it. If you have any questions pm me for details.

trigger_storey

Ready to race!

MikeASKspeed

Ready to race!
okay, I went to the auto store and got "star-tron" little blue bottle. its a fuel treatment- prevents separation and also cleans injectors and what not. initial dose was 1ml for every 3g of gas.our cars have about a 14 1/2 tank capacity, and i have a little less than half a tank so i added 2 ml for 6gal of gas. and 1ml for every 6gal thereafter. 8.99 +tax. anyone in the tri-state area should grab some if they grabbed gas from a station that had flooding and lost power. gas should be fine now as its freshly pumped from ships and stations. what an ordeal!!! Thanks for the help!!!