GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Summer Tires =/= Snow

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
Just slid into curb pulling into my apartment complex. From what I can see in the dark there is no damage to either of the driver side wheels but who knows if anything is bent suspension wise.

Stupid weather people said I was getting a dusting overnight. I had 2.5 inchs on my car when I came out of work at 5. The kicker is I have a nice set of winter tires just waiting to be put on the car. Only reason I didn't is because they said we were getting a dusting overnight.

Here is to hoping that everyone else in the New England area stays safe tonight and that nothing is wrong with my car.

TDI110

O_o
For safety reasons I put my winters on Mid to late October, regardless of how nice the weather is.

Hopefully there's no damage done!

Niebeendend

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear, hope the car is OK.

I still have stock all seasons, but I was equally surprised at how much snow was on my car/on the ground in Massachusetts after work. My usual 45 minute commute took 1.5 hours. Thought this would be a rain event for Mass. The stock all seasons were not great, but I took it slow and all was fine. Definitely convinced me to buy a set of snows.

Chris112

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear that.. I just had my first ride home on the stock tires in snow and creeped the entire way..

Snows are going on this week.

They sure did miss the forecast today, and I'm in the Northwest part of the state expecting up to 8 inches tonight.

Ohiogti

Ready to race!
two winters ago during the first snow storm, my car could barely move with the stock pirellis. My car was still brand new and also my DD so I didn't want to take a chance and I bought 16" rims and tires from Sonny at tirerack. The new tires made it drive like a billygoat in the snow. I just put them back on last week.

On a side note I did curb my stock rim at Mcdonalds pretty bad. I sanded it down and then added a little polish. It took about $20 of supplies and an hour labor and came out pretty good. I posted pics in a forum on here

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
I got stuck on the way too work. Too many uphills and downhills. I saw 2 accidents because cars kept on sliding after braking. Yes, I stilll have summer tires on. Fail on my part. :(

dtraill27

Go Kart Champion
It's been getting colder than 40 for the past week or two, if I were you I would have changed them by now. Probably not what you wanted to hear but hopefully its nothing serious

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Being prepared means doing things Before you have to.

I'm sure from here on out you'll swap tires before the first flake hits the ground.

Jacris

Ready to race!
I had to drive VERY slowly to get home tonight. I usually can wait until Thanksgiving to put snows on. This will be gone in a day but def was a pain with high performance summer tires.

fxv686

Ready to race!
I actually had the chance to put on my stock Pirelli's in today before it started snowing. I figured it would snow and I'll be much safer with them than my V12's.

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
I got stuck on the way too work. Too many uphills and downhills. I saw 2 accidents because cars kept on sliding after braking. Yes, I stilll have summer tires on. Fail on my part. :(

Yep same with mine.

The alignment is probably going to be off.

If I had to guess I hit the curb at about 2-3mph and I hit it at as close to 90 degrees so I wouldn't rip my front bumper off. If the only thing wrong is the alignment i'll be a happy camper as I have life time alignment through firestone.

Being prepared means doing things Before you have to.

I'm sure from here on out you'll swap tires before the first flake hits the ground.

This is true, this is my first year with dedicated snow and summer tires. I won't be making this mistake again. I consider myself lucky that I was able to turn the car sideways and slow the car down before making contact.

Isj

Go Kart Champion
didn't drive with summer tires but I may as well have been. The hankook all season tires that came with my car sucked ass in the snow, glad im getting a set of snows very soon.

2.0t_convert

Ready to race!
I hope you are joking and do not have summer tires on.

Otherwise sad to say but you get what you had coming. It doesn't matter if there is snow on the ground or not. As the weather gets colder summer tires will lose grip on the pavement.