GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A werid sound

wHite_nInja

Ready to race!
I have a new 13 gti with only 2.5k miles and I recently notice when I step on the gas semi hard to give a lil power there is a sssssssss sound for a second or two n it goes away. Anyone k ow what this could be?

wHite_nInja

Ready to race!
Can't really describe the sound ( ssssssss. or shhhhhhhh)but u can deff tell is making a noise it not loud or anything but deff noticeable when radio is off ( that's how I notice the sound)

mcomora

Ready to race!
I have a new 13 gti with only 2.5k miles and I recently notice when I step on the gas semi hard to give a lil power there is a sssssssss sound for a second or two n it goes away. Anyone k ow what this could be?

Mine does this also! Mine's a 2012 with 4500 miles and it's ALWAYS done this. Just did some research and it looks like it's a piece of mesh between the downpipe and the catalytic converter and should go away after some times, but it varies for everyone :iono:

wHite_nInja

Ready to race!
Mine does this also! Mine's a 2012 with 4500 miles and it's ALWAYS done this. Just did some research and it looks like it's a piece of mesh between the downpipe and the catalytic converter and should go away after some times, but it varies for everyone :iono:

Yeah I was worried that I messed up my car already LOL. I don't drive it hard at all

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
stock you can barely hear, with a full intake that same shhhhhhh sound is noticeable most of the time when you floor it.

my wife told me that the dealer messed up my car after the 20k service, It was the first time she drove the car since the full intake.

jerome99

Go Kart Champion

for me that is a different sound, my ears hear it more as a rattle sound i cant hear it now :)

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Started a topic that talked about the same thing when I first for my car too. 4500 on my 2012 and I still have it.

It's not turbo spool sound as I hear that plenty when I step on the gas. This hiss noise is a lower pitch and under very light acceleration / not in boost

Dealer tried to look at it but said he was able to reproduce it on a new car - so it was deemed "normal"

dasgti

Ready to race!
You probably have the waste gate rattle. There's a clip vw will install under warranty for free that fixes it. Search for waste gate rattle and you'll find it.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
I think I have this too. Probably the waste gate rattle. Sounds literally like a piece of metal rattling somewhere but as said only when I'm under light acceleration and don't go into boost (Daily driving). It first started when I installed my cat back so I thought maybe there's a leak but I checked and nothing seems to be wrong so I've kind of ignored it since then...

legandrex

Ready to race!
One way to fix it would be to amplify your Soundaktor so you won't hear the wastegate anymore.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
I think I have this too. Probably the waste gate rattle. Sounds literally like a piece of metal rattling somewhere but as said only when I'm under light acceleration and don't go into boost (Daily driving). It first started when I installed my cat back so I thought maybe there's a leak but I checked and nothing seems to be wrong so I've kind of ignored it since then...

I just bought a mic for my go pro. Ill try and record it. It's not metallic sounding to me. Sounds like air rushing or air leaking out.

legandrex

Ready to race!
I just bought a mic for my go pro. Ill try and record it. It's not metallic sounding to me. Sounds like air rushing or air leaking out.

Dude...don't waste your time. Classic wastegate rattle.