GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R

Gloveman

All Golf R owners and those waiting for delivery in South Africa, let's start our own thread to discuss mods and technical issues.

Gloveman

Got some great news on Friday, my car is on the boat scheduled for arrival in SA on 14 May 2012. Options: CW, DSG, SatNav, Sunroof, Bluetooth. Looking forward to her arrival.

Gloveman

Almost here, she arrives at port tomorrow. Can't wait......
Current mods planned, APR ECU upgrade and Carbonio CAI. Anybody out there with APR ECU upgrade?

kev0

Ready to race!
Almost here, she arrives at port tomorrow. Can't wait......
Current mods planned, APR ECU upgrade and Carbonio CAI. Anybody out there with APR ECU upgrade?

A few tuners have done software on the R. Any particular reason you want APR?

Gloveman

Hi Kev0,
Alot of guys on the forums talk good about APR and have good results. Maybe just me but it seems that APR and VWR have a good relationship.
Do you have something else in mind?
By the way, she was offloaded yesterday. Getting close!!!

kev0

Ready to race!
Revo offer very good service in South Africa and the guys in PTA. You must be pretty excited!

Gloveman

Howzit Guys, its been a long time since ive been on the forum. I took delivery of my CW R in May last year and really had lots of fun. Unfortunately we had a big accident on 15 Dec 12, and my R has been scrapped. None of us were hurt in the accident, just some minor scratches.

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!
Thread makes me want to kill myself

Gloveman

Anyway some pics of my car just after the accident.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358526794.385175.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358526837.433720.jpg

Last edited:

Porra46

Ready to race!
That is horrible!!! :eek:

One waits so long for an R and then this happens??

Sorry to see what happened to your R. Glad you ok though.