GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Lots of money worth of parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to post this on both BT threads...

Seems like I am going to source a second motor and put my rods and such in that one over the next couple months. BUT...

I am going to blow mine up. I am going to see how much power, boost, etc. we can push through these rods for as long as possible. I will have my spare motor sitting at my shop while this happens. Hopefully I can put to rest if the limit really is/was 400.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Here's a couple. :)

What the hell do you have going on with that fuel line stretched across the valve cover??

Seems like I am going to source a second motor and put my rods and such in that one over the next couple months. BUT...

I am going to blow mine up. I am going to see how much power, boost, etc. we can push through these rods for as long as possible. I will have my spare motor sitting at my shop while this happens. Hopefully I can put to rest if the limit really is/was 400.

Fuckin Giggity :D:D

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

Fuck. Yes.

We don't have enough of this knowledge on the TSI motor yet. And it's a 5 year old motor!

Has anybody thrown a rod yet?

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Fuck. Yes.

We don't have enough of this knowledge on the TSI motor yet. And it's a 5 year old motor!

Has anybody thrown a rod yet?

Supposedly the rods "bend". And I did a lot of research and I can't find anyone who has thrown, bent, broken a rod from sheer power. I HAVE found oil starvation, injector failure, and timing chain failures which have caused problems.

I really want to do this for the community that has helped me so much. I hope I can get a cheap motor nearby. And it sounds fun...