GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
You’re not confused. That was me. My wife and I just had our 20th anniversary. My son just turned 19. The pic was from the day I got my car. November 18, 2015. I’m getting ready to turn 39.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wow. wow

Young looking dude.

Fact: Tons of coffee makes you look young. brb making a pot.
#metoo

Thanks. My wife takes good care of me. We haven’t eaten any fast food in ~ 6 years. We avoid preservatives and make all food from scratch.

wow

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Most of them are before my time as well. I do remember some of them though, and a lot of them were suburban places not just Chicago restaurants.
last tastee freeze i saw was over in elk grove village , over there by happy elephant if you know the area
Thanks. My wife takes good care of me. We haven’t eaten any fast food in ~ 6 years. We avoid preservatives and make all food from scratch.

Impressive, your son moving out of house soon right? in4sparebedroom

ill be a good roommate i swear, but if your wife starts playing under my red dead redemption file thats not gonna fly.

(sips coffee)

Phur

Autocross Champion
[emoji23]
He moved out several months ago. Just my wife and I.
Btw this was taken on our anniversary, Halloween, a couple of weeks ago.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
[emoji23]

Awwww yeah rockin a mohawk! nice

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
[emoji23]

That gti looks miserable , snow sucks.

Dig the hair style :thumbsup:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Oh wow new thread.

Had cheap pizza at Merch Mart food court for lunch after meeting with my employment law attorney (ugh).

Fucked up my upper back again this past weekend. Wicked pain under my shoulder blade. Amidst all that I winterized both racekars this weekend AND installed a new toilet in the first floor power room AND possibly stepped into a deal to trade in the GTI for the wife.

I'm ready to go home and take a nap.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Dat Mohawk. Punk Rock fan?
gg allin
in4punkrocktalk
something corporate is awesome
Oh wow new thread.
Had cheap pizza at Merch Mart food court for lunch after meeting with my employment law attorney (ugh).
Fucked up my upper back again this past weekend. Wicked pain under my shoulder blade. Amidst all that I winterized both racekars this weekend AND installed a new toilet in the first floor power room AND possibly stepped into a deal to trade in the GTI for the wife.
Keep the gti you know you want to. Well actually, lets here what you want to trade it in for first?
Can we hit 100 by boosteds 2nd lunch break?
That was 15 mins ago tbh

jay745

Oh wow new thread.

What do you normally do to winterize?

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
What do you normally do to winterize?

Wash. Fresh oil change. Full tank of fuel with sta-bil. Battery tender and car cover.

Nothing major, really. They otherwise sit in a heated garage all winter.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Keep the gti you know you want to. Well actually, lets here what you want to trade it in for first?

Out of nowhere, while at Motorwerks getting my free car wash on the Diesel, wife says she'd rather have one car that does it all, vs bouncing back and forth between two different cars, so "what about a Macan for me?" She does often get stuck having to shuffle Jr. around with his Lacrosse crap, and he usually likes to surprise her with, "Oh, when I asked you to pick me up from Lacrosse practice, I actually meant me AND my friends..." so she wants something with a little more room. The Macan really isn't much bigger than the GTI but she's convinced it'll work better. *shrug* :iono:

So we poked around. Took one for a drive, she really liked it. More than I expected her to, especially since it'd mean her giving up her convertible too.

GTI is an awesome car and I love it to death but if I can free up a garage stall + get her back into a car with a warranty, I'm game to entertain the idea. She's got to come up with some money for it tho so it's on her to see what she can come up with.

jay745

Wash. Fresh oil change. Full tank of fuel with sta-bil. Battery tender and car cover.

Nothing major, really. They otherwise sit in a heated garage all winter.

word. I'm just doing an oil change, making sure I have a good mix of coolant to water, and fill the tank. I'll prob add some stabilizer as well. Battery will be removed and brought inside on the tender.

Non heated garage :(

Status
Not open for further replies.