GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Build thread with GTXGen2 Content

clownish

just clowning around
I already bought the Eurodyne setup months ago so I can't undo that unfortunately. I think the switching will happen rarely anyway so it shouldn't be too big of an inconvenience.

Definitely may go this route. Puta 3" with a 200cell high flow cat, done it to plenty of cars and you are right, it's not that hard to do. I'm curious what the stock downpipe does though. Clutch: I'm getting the TTRS clutch installed now. Went with that because I'm hoping (and from what I've read) my daughter should be able to learn stick on it and not experience chatter. I don't want her to hate this car afterall ;)

Thanks man, I'll bring it out to some events once it's done for sure!

There is a new version of the rsr clutch that isn’t a modified ttrs clutch but holds more and has the same oem+ engagement that HS Tuning just released - but I guess you’ve already put together a kit. Couple different material options that might not be on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
There is a new version of the rsr clutch that isn’t a modified ttrs clutch but holds more and has the same oem+ engagement that HS Tuning just released - but I guess you’ve already put together a kit.

I has it and it’s sublime.

JerryTX

I'm jealous of your corner scales, and I love that you're using them to weigh your turbo. lol

LOL, thanks, glad some other track rat can appreciate them! :)

There is a new version of the rsr clutch that isn’t a modified ttrs clutch but holds more and has the same oem+ engagement that HS Tuning just released - but I guess you’ve already put together a kit. Couple different material options that might not be on the website.

Need more details please! Ended up with TTRS Pressure plate drilled to fit, and a TDI pressure plate, on a stock flywheel. Would love to hear more about this setup. The engine/trans is hanging on the support bar while the turbo it out. It would suck to go back in and do the clutch again but a lot of stuff is out of the way already..

JerryTX

Turbo kit is still fighting us: Needed a new reducer coupler (2.75 to 2.25). Thats on the way. The hot side pipe exiting the turbo looks like it’s going to be resting on the sway bar and subframe. May need to section that 1/4” to make it work. The oil lines sent were a no go. Had to take the oem fitting and have it cut/ welded to a new hose and fitting that was pre-bent to the proper angle. Also decided to weld up the external blow off valve as the block off clamp would have gotten in the way of the air intake. Fun times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro