GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Michelin Pilot SUper Sport

Grey Hare1

Just bought 2 sets of PSS for my wife's GTI and mine 225-45 17 and 225-40x18.

What a disappointment. Noisy as hell and very hard riding. Anybody else with that experience

I am thinking of switching to another tire. Any recommendations?

I read a lot about tires and the PSS in particular. All comments were very positive. I don't understand.

Help!

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com

What a disappointment. Noisy as hell and very hard riding. Anybody else with that experience

I read a lot about tires and the PSS in particular. All comments were very positive. I don't understand.

Help!

First off, wrong section.

Second, they're a performance tire with stiff sidewalls. If you want a softer tire, go with a GT line of tires. If you want longevity, the Continental DWS was a decent all season with softer sidewalls.

Also, what PSI did the installers set your tires to? Sometimes they overfill the tires and that would have some sort of effect on ride quality/noise.

Bino

Go Kart Champion
Check to see if the psi, balance, and direction are all correct. I love my PSS. Best tire I ever owned.

Grey Hare1

Yes, everything checks out. Balance, pressure, etc..

I'm no newbie.I have owned 52 cars in my life and have bought many tires.

I am now running them at 32 psi on both cars. They were set at the factory recommended pressures by the installer, 36 for the 17" and 38 for the 18".
17" or 18" does not seem to make a difference. They are still noisy and harsh. I can live with the harsher ride but the noise is killing me.

Don't tell me it is a wheel bearing. It is not. It has something to do with the design of the tire.

I had those installed to replace winter tires. The winter tires were quieter than those.

I ran Yoko AD08 on my Miata and they were quiet in spite of a much more aggressive thread.

Weird!

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

Help!

What were you expecting! They are ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE tires!

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
32psi is arguably going to make them grip more which would make more road noise, if I'm not mistaken.

I have them on my M and I had them on my 350Z. Definitely the best tires I've ever owned.

Break 'em in and see what happens.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
Sell them to me! I'll trade you straight up for my stock Dunlops! They purr like kittens on the freeway. ;):thumbup:

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Can't say, I've never driven on DWs. Around SE MI they feel pretty harsh, but so does stock and even my winters...

808bahn

Ready to race!
Try checking on your tires, the production date. Sometimes, the place where you purchased your tires may have old production tires that was not sold for a while. With age, the rubber will hardened and the ride quality, noise, and handling will suffer.

Last edited: