GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Conversion to full E85

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Hes running zzp opel eco tec injectors with a 5th injector and a 2ndary drop in lpfp

Sound about right, if you go full E85, you need a lot of it. I think he said he can go about 180 miles on a tank. Which means you will get around 12-14 miles per gallon when running e85 all out. It has less energy than gasoline so you have to use more of it. (my guesstimate)

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I figured I would tune for E50 to E60 to not have to worry about poor quality e85. That would be the best bet without a sensor.

As for the lines question, thats what I thought based on reading things. But idk if its true.

So sounds like injectors Hpfp and lpfp are the required things

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Yeah I figured I would tune for E50 to E60 to not have to worry about poor quality e85. That would be the best bet without a sensor.

As for the lines question, thats what I thought based on reading things. But idk if its true.

So sounds like injectors Hpfp and lpfp are the required things

I doubt that a flex fuel sensor is a necessary item with our cars. If you get weak E85 it would be more prone to knock and your ECU will just pull timing. It can pull at least 12degrees.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
The concern would be if you were maxing a file for 85 and you got 60 and went wot. Idk how much the ecu would be able to compensate

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
The concern would be if you were maxing a file for 85 and you got 60 and went wot. Idk how much the ecu would be able to compensate

I can tell you from first hand experience that it can compensate a lot. I run a 100octane tune and use 91oct gas + 50/50 w/m. I have had the W/M system fail completely at the track. I ran a full session without knowing it had failed. This is a road course hitting 135 on back straight, all out. When I got back in I went to fill up w/m for the next session and to my surprise none had been used. This was my K04 setup with DM tune. There was some reduction in power but I attributed it to the heat during the session. Our ECUs are pretty fantastic. Being able to pull lots of timing and boost if necessary is remarkable.

Not sure what a fuel flex sensor would do for a car that doesn't recognize it. If it did, it could of course switch tunes. I am just guessing and mostly wondering on this part.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I think on the mk4, they got a tune that reads the flex sensor and adjusts it. UM does it for one of the generations at least

mars2

Ready to race!
I have compare fueling part with EKA of A4 B8 Felxfuel AE888 Gen 2 and Golf GTI EA88 gen 1

- Hpfp same on B8 FF (06J127025G) and on GTI CCZB was 06J127025E then F then since 1/2016 they change to G like B8 FF. CCTA and CBFA use version ending by N or D
- Injector are different on B8 they part 06H906036J My guess is that they deliver at least 30% more as they can support a K04 with E85 on APR K04 kit
- LPFP difficult to say if it's same as ETKA only have the part number for the full thing bracket+pump and the bracket si for sure different. Would be interesting to get what is actually the pump from B8 forum to compare.
- 5th injector on B8. I got the confirmation from APR that the ECU only use it for cold start in very cold area. It's not part of the fueling.

So if some ECU genius ( maybe UM) could find on what pin to connect the flex fuel sensor and then activate it in the Map's then running Running the B8 FF injector's and maybe a bigger lpfp would make our car's FlexFUEL that could support a K04.

Or could we run a A4 B8 FF ecu with all the fueling from B8 even the fifth injector for cold start and the flexfuel sensor?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I think on the mk4, they got a tune that reads the flex sensor and adjusts it. UM does it for one of the generations at least

Yes, I looked around and found that mention too. Saw that they were for MKIV and I found one post in which it was part of a MKV R32 project but they don't seem to be around anymore. Name of company was Bluewater.
Good luck on your quest, it would be pretty cool to be able to take advantage of E85 when you want and if you take a trip where it is unavailable just use what gas is available without having to switch tunes manually.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I'm able to run full E85 with larger injectors, Walbro450 in tank, twin Bosch EV14 1000cc port fuel injectors and Torqbyte CM5-LT and PM3. No need to go with the crazy expensive Nostrum kit that will still max out due to the in tank LPFP. Upgrade your LPFP and add port fuel. Easiest setup.

raphaelpmc

I'm able to run full E85 with larger injectors, Walbro450 in tank, twin Bosch EV14 1000cc port fuel injectors and Torqbyte CM5-LT and PM3. No need to go with the crazy expensive Nostrum kit that will still max out due to the in tank LPFP. Upgrade your LPFP and add port fuel. Easiest setup.

Let me search for this itens, then if i have some doubt ask you, ok?

:w00t:

raphaelpmc

Do you have the Part Number for injectors?

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
To counter HYDEs point, there is absolutely a benefit to port fueling, but at the cost of efficiency. Anyone saying port is the best option is simply overlooking some serious factors (benefits) of direct injection.