GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Yep that's it. the digits go in the ?? region of the code, so the 3rd and 4th character. Mines at 16 so none of the warnings are on but on a golf you change it to 00.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
AFR + Oil Pressure + LED Indicator for when my Accusump turns on.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Also this happened over the weekend. I shifted 2-3-2 while testing antilag. Not sure how the car is still driveable. I just need the car to hold up a few more months since I was planning on going back into the motor this winter anyway.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
yeah it's a 2009.

it makes a little noise and the cts plate for my catch can is leaking steam, so i have a vacuum leak. going to replace the pcv gasket and hopefully that fixes it. i need to replace my piston rings so pobably check out rod bearings at the same time. but oil pressure is fine and it still boosts without issue so i'd say i got pretty lucky.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
finally got my kit finalized last night and the first start! man was i nervous! haddent started her since november but all was perfect! re-tune today and a test drive!

kern417

Go Kart Champion
finally got my kit finalized last night and the first start! man was i nervous! haddent started her since november but all was perfect! re-tune today and a test drive!

what's your setup

I'd say I'm managing my part out profit vs new project expenses quite nicely, lol.

this is how i felt when i parted out the jetta lol. it's amazing how much you save going big turbo from stock vs going stage 1-2-k04-3. plus selling all the body parts and such...very nice.

In for deets

also. have you even bought a car yet?

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
In for deets

what's your setup

this is how i felt when i parted out the jetta lol. it's amazing how much you save going big turbo from stock vs going stage 1-2-k04-3. plus selling all the body parts and such...very nice.

also. have you even bought a car yet?

Haha. I do have the car finally. Thats included in the price you see there. I finished installing my parts on the guys car at 4am and we were wheels rolling at 6am. Took us 26hrs to get all the way there. Pick the car up and immediately drive all the way back. Drive sucked balls!

Literally had the cash in my hands less than 15hrs before I gave it away, lol.

My car went from stock=>k04=> attempt at going stage 3 but had 1yr worth of BS problems.

I wish I would have skipped k04 but we all had to start somewhere. This time around im shooting for the moon from the start. The thought of starting on another forum is daunting and I really want no part of it, lol.

Im not selling off every part of the car. Now that i finally have a stock trans. I can finally start putting this car back together. Its going to look like it rolled off the dealership lot with a few subtle cosmetic upgrades. And a tourque mount insert that i dont feel is worth me trying to remove. - actually, i might try and remove it and jam it up in my wifes car if it doesnt completely fall apart, lol.

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Also this happened over the weekend. I shifted 2-3-2 while testing antilag. Not sure how the car is still driveable. I just need the car to hold up a few more months since I was planning on going back into the motor this winter anyway.

Damn! I've money shifted before. I think vagcom said 8800 rpm