GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mixing R8 coilpack with stock coilpacks

egti

Ready to race!
Have a question for you guys.

One of my coilpacks just went out. Need to get a new one. If I get a R8 coilpack to replace this particular one and keep on using the 3 remaining stock ones until they malfunction, will that create any problem?

Thanks guys.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Coils, independently of models or brands never tell when they are about to go bad. Replace the bad one with the same unit (Advice), then buy the R8 ones. Once I mixed them & nothing wrong happened for 3 days (Feedback).

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Just replace all 4 and be done with. Why are you trying to cheap out? If one of your spark plugs are bad, are you just going to replace that one?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
You can buy a set of 4 r8 coils and 4 spark plugs for like ~$120 i would change everything.

egti

Ready to race!
Thanks guys!

You are indeed right I want to be cheap: getting one from a local Audi dealer for the bad one and then order three online with cheaper prices. :D

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Thanks guys!

You are indeed right I want to be cheap: getting one from a local Audi dealer for the bad one and then order three online with cheaper prices. :D

you can get them at VW dealer like i did without having to pay the audi premium price.