GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI Vs G37 Coupe

aliasromero9

Very random run tonight, G37 coupe pulls up next to me continuously revving.

My Car: GTI S 2DR 6MT w APR Intake & stratified high tq 91 tune

unknown mods besides & obvious straight pipe. First run started at 40 I honked , gave him the hit & caught him by the top of 3rd & had him at my bumper around the top of 4th & i let off. Second run I let him honk, he tried to sneak my & jumped on the 2nd Honk instantly he gained a whole car on me i was in 3rd around 40 mph. Top of 3rd I was nearly dead even & by the top of 4th I was about a fender ahead then let off.

Was Glad to see my GTI Hold it's own :thumbup:

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Wonder how I'd do after I get my TBE on and stratified tune against my friends g35x:cool:

aliasromero9

Wonder how I'd do after I get my TBE on and stratified tune against my friends g35x:cool:

I think you'd walk him! Although on my low TQ file the car felt a lot slower than on the hightq file. the car feels alive now lol

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Lost to only 1 g35x he was the newer one before they turned to g37x. Possibly 328 hp. And I think I lost because I was running hard previously so I was probably heat soaked . I beat 2 g37 coupes. And 4+ g35x and g37x..my next target is a 3.0T q60 coupe or sedan. Gonna be interesting

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Ran a g37s today, it was surprisingly quick. Had aftermarket exhaust,rims and likely some other bolt ons. 1 solid run. I honked he jumped about a car length I caught him put about 3 lengths between us. I would say let off mind 5th.
I'm fbo, ko4 ,mt

riceburner

Autocross Champion
They are ~330 hp and pretty good torque, not too bad for a 3600+ lb car.

aliasromero9

Ran a g37s today, it was surprisingly quick. Had aftermarket exhaust,rims and likely some other bolt ons. 1 solid run. I honked he jumped about a car length I caught him put about 3 lengths between us. I would say let off mind 5th.
I'm fbo, ko4 ,mt

that's a good run, How long have you been K04?

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
that's a good run, How long have you been K04?

About 3-4 months of I had to guess. My motor is in bad shape and goes through a quart about 500 miles..it would likely run better but I think my valves are trashed. Had some serious motor issues last year.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Lost to only 1 g35x he was the newer one before they turned to g37x. Possibly 328 hp. And I think I lost because I was running hard previously so I was probably heat soaked . I beat 2 g37 coupes. And 4+ g35x and g37x..my next target is a 3.0T q60 coupe or sedan. Gonna be interesting

The new Q60S with the 3.0T in an absolute monster. They're a high 10/low 11 second card with just tuning and bolt-ons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkYn4BS3ysE

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
I’ve beaten a Q60 red sport several times from a high roll (70+). They are fast in stock form though.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I’ve beaten a Q60 red sport several times from a high roll (70+). They are fast in stock form though.

What's the difference between APR V3.2 ECU/TCU, APR K04 and V3.1??

I'm on V3.1 and it feels like shiet. Does 3.2 improve anything worth getting reflashed?