GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake Squeal / Whistle Solution anyone?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Since mine has the "C" I suppose i won't touch it. Close enough to D.

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion
Since mine has the "C" I suppose i won't touch it. Close enough to D.

I had a Rev C as well but swapped it none the less the squeal from the engine bay is aweful.

Its a very subtle whistle upon open throttle full acceleration. I have the rev D recirculating valve, the car had a C from the factory which was also a newer piston type valve. The valve made no difference, i do not believe its from that but rather from air rushing into the intake piping and swirling into the compressor.

If thats the case you likely have another issue, trust me this sound isn't subtle. The sound you are describing is the natrual harmonics? of the intake tube rather than plastic crunch bend stuff. We all love and enjoy that aspect of a full stage 2 intake system.

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Spyder368

Ready to race!
Bump! So I installed the unitronic cai and started getting a very loud wine at 3k that gets louder as the rpms go up. I just pulled my dv and it's Rev d. Any other ideas?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Bump! So I installed the unitronic cai and started getting a very loud wine at 3k that gets louder as the rpms go up. I just pulled my dv and it's Rev d. Any other ideas?

DV+ will fix it