GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Jay -

I grabbed some Nitto NT-555 G2's for the front about 2 months ago which certainly helped out a lot. Still need new tires for the rear however and will get the same.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Getting an airbag warning light currently...

Wondering if I pulled a sensor when I pulled the big trim panels on either side of the rear seat? Anyone know if there's airbag sensors there?

Also pulled apart my front center dash (like the shifter surround) and unplugged the 'passenger airbag' status indicator, but plugged that back in of course.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Getting an airbag warning light currently...

Wondering if I pulled a sensor when I pulled the big trim panels on either side of the rear seat? Anyone know if there's airbag sensors there?

Also pulled apart my front center dash (like the shifter surround) and unplugged the 'passenger airbag' status indicator, but plugged that back in of course.

We can plug it in and see which one it's saying. Also we forgot to change your XSD setting that we were talking about. Remind me when I see you

riceburner

Autocross Champion
thanks man, maybe my obdeleven could help out

you coming out thursday?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Few small updates.

USP 'Coolflow' dsg filter housing

had to copy hyde16 for these:
Gold dei tape around intake to reflect heat
PTP Lavaflow downpipe wrap, had enough to also wrap around the hot side of the turbo best I could; see how it holds up lol
MAF air straightener

and and oil change

keep calm and mk6 on :)

riceburner

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
few things on the agenda

got an 034 catch can setup, waiting for a chance to install

at the same time I'm hoping to redo all charge pipe connections as I keep hearing intermittent whistling noises upon boost which indicates a few minor leaks probably. I think this is true as whenever I'm under the car there's oil seeping out from a few connections.

While I'm doing all this I'm going to remove the intercooler and clean everything really well; putting together parts NOT soaked in oil for good! Can't wait haha.

Paired with nice clean valves i hope this car drives great for good! To combat the regrowth of carbon buildup I will likely be pulling the trigger on a snow stage 2 kit. I know, not the BEST system but I won't tune for it, just will enjoy the killer temp drops and reduced carbon build up. Boost looooves meth! Boost must have been invented in a trailer park.

QUESTION: Anyone know the general clamp sizes? 2.5" all around? smaller ones as well? Anything bigger? Gonna get some new SS clamps.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
More updates!

Raced Jay745 over the weekend - what was it, 50-120ish? It was a great race, we were both kinda back/forthing until his meth took over while I started heatsoaking then he had me by atleast a car by the end. Much excite!

Wound up cleaning my intercooler & fixing boost leaks. Not a fun ordeal by any means! The last owner of this car had kind of a janky setup holding everything in place; didn't go back together too well, and the radiator fan wound up cutting into my throttle pipe. Way fun, so I decided to buy an upgraded (aluminum) throttle pipe with a meth bung before the stock piece starts leaking.

Good way to remove the noise pipe & be one step closer to meth anyway, while eliminating a small choke point in the pipes as well.

Also, went to the track yesterday; only ran once but got:

13.9 @ 108 mph. No boost at launch, and it was about 95 degrees and super humid. All things considered, not too bad. I know with some practice and better weather this would be low 13's capable.

During the race however my lower belly pan gave out and cracked, dragging under the car LOL

Soo next up I just 'had to' order the upgraded belly pan which covers the whole bottom of the subframe area and has a turbo cooler scoop along with the trans cooler scoops. Will be better for aero as well as cooling.

Car is going into GRDtuned in west chi' today and they will be cleaning my valves and doing the timing chain tensioner this week! Fingers crossed that they don't find that I need a new chain due to stretch as well!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Real excited to get the car back maybe today! Will have fresh plugs and I'm really hoping it feels brand new with the carbon cleaning done :)

will install the BSH TB pipe soon as I get home as well haha

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Got the car back last night @ ~46000 miles. Shop forgot to take before pictures unfortunately but the after shots look pretty nice and clean for the carbon cleaning. They did say it was 'pretty bad for 46000 miles'. Bae does run smoother now I gotta say!

Timing chain tensioner was done, and it was found that the top front cover was warped and leaking so we replaced that as well. So no more worries about all that... Unscientifically of course, the mechanic advised me that the chain didn't have 'excessive play'. Hard to know for sure without actually removing the chain and comparing to a new one so there you have it.

They did advise me that my mechatronics unit is likely on its way out, as you can hear the downshifts in most instances inidicating a pressure loss. It's supposed to be a very quiet and smooth operating unit but some downshifts feel a little unpleasant - i did suspect this to be the case early on so it was both relieving and disappointing to hear from the mechanic. They are assembling a quote to replacing that... which kinda makes me wish I just did that instead of the tensioner replacement lol.

Replacing the throttle pipe with the bsh one tonight.

Jaber

Modero
Got the car back last night @ ~46000 miles. Shop forgot to take before pictures unfortunately but the after shots look pretty nice and clean for the carbon cleaning. They did say it was 'pretty bad for 46000 miles'. Bae does run smoother now I gotta say!

Timing chain tensioner was done, and it was found that the top front cover was warped and leaking so we replaced that as well. So no more worries about all that... Unscientifically of course, the mechanic advised me that the chain didn't have 'excessive play'. Hard to know for sure without actually removing the chain and comparing to a new one so there you have it.

They did advise me that my mechatronics unit is likely on its way out, as you can hear the downshifts in most instances inidicating a pressure loss. It's supposed to be a very quiet and smooth operating unit but some downshifts feel a little unpleasant - i did suspect this to be the case early on so it was both relieving and disappointing to hear from the mechanic. They are assembling a quote to replacing that... which kinda makes me wish I just did that instead of the tensioner replacement lol.

Replacing the throttle pipe with the bsh one tonight.

Try flashing TCU back to stock and see if transmission is better, worse or the same.

But what do you mean by "hear the downshifts"?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
It's like you hear something akin of a clunk... a metallic clunk. i thought it could have been flywheel chatter. I often hear what sounds like the flywheel chattering when taking off from a stop or in reverse, and the noise is kind of like that, just short and more clunky.