GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DGS long term precision or degradation feedback

65Strad

Ready to race!
Just curious, are there DSG owners that have relatively high mileage that have feed back about the DSG performance regarding if the performance of the trans is holding up well or if there is any noticeable degradation in performance or precision of the trans? Also what year and mileage do you have?

Also:
2010 how many miles on your GTI/DSG ?

2011 how many miles on your GTI/DSG ?

C4L

Banned
Just curious, are there DSG owners that have relatively high mileage that have feed back about the DSG performance regarding if the performance of the trans is holding up well or if there is any noticeable degradation in performance or precision of the trans? Also what year and mileage do you have?

Also:
2010 how many miles on your GTI/DSG ?

2011 how many miles on your GTI/DSG ?

2006 GTI DSG - 75k miles and 4.5 years - Not an issue whatsoever. No DSG service performed at 40k either...

2010 CC DSG - 30k miles and 20 months - No issues

2010 GTI DSG - 22k miles and 13 months - No issues

I have heard nothing but great things about the life of a DSG. No better/worse then a conventional torque-converting automatic.

toastynub

Ready to race!
2007 GTI DSG - 38k miles / ~30 months (at turn-in time) - no issues (tracked ~10 times)

2010 GTI DSG - 35k miles / 20 months - no issues

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Maybe take a look over on the MKV side since there are likely to be higher mileage DSG owners over there? :iono:

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
2010 GTI - 15k miles, no issues.

2006 GTI - 111,000 miles...
Friend of mine's car, she's been Revo Stage 2+ for nearly 50k. First DSG service was done at 109,000. I've driven it. No issues.

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
9 Months, 15k miles. No issues

KaiSTrikes_MKVI

Ready to race!
I'm really liking what I'm reading. Sounds like this trans is pretty solid.

Except some people abuse their tranny right out of the dealership like asshats,
those who do launch control from stop sign to stop sign and down shift more than two gear for a turn in on S mode ...

I am sure the DSG can handle it ... but I personally baby my car :word: