GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High pitched sound during the turbo spool after unitronic intake install?

Calkulin

Ready to race!
I posted this in the other thread as I didn't see this one, so I'll post it here also

For those with high pitch @ high RPM(flute sound), you may want to try replacing the clamp with a t-bolt clamp(can be found at Napa) and tightening it closer to the pipe bead. When I first replaced my stock intake, I had that sound immediately after install but after replacing the clamp and tightening closer to the bead, the sound disappeared

Jaber

Modero
I had the sound with the stock intake though... :\

This. I was wishing this was my problem. I had to retighten the clamp on the turbo compressor inlet and get a replacement intake tube bolt, for the mounting. Guess I didn't tighten it enough lol... was too excited.

But great tip none the less. :thumbup:

Yo.SeungHyun

Ready to race!
This high pitch noise it filter harmonics, you can change the noise depending on how far or forward the filter is clamped on, also depends on the filter shape. I used like 5 different shaped filters on my carbonio with out the main box cover and got all sorts of different pitches. Took me about 5 min to find the correct spot to tighten to get rid of the noise