GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My new MK6 GTI!

thestig1

Whats going on everyone? Im picking up a 2012 GTI DSG this weekend that has only 15k km on the engine, which is super nice. The only issue that the car has been in an accident that affected the front bumper and transmission.
Both were supposedly fixed by VW. The front bumper is definetly OEM and im just not sure about the transmission.

If it was replaced by a new one do you think there would be a problem? Your help is much appreciated

ACLR8R1

Shouldnt be if it was replaced, but hopefully you are getting a good deal with a car that has been damaged.

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
If the bumper and transmission were fixed by VW, then it should be OEM. Unless a tech didn't know what he was doing, (from what I understand, new techs help for a few months before getting their own bay) then it should be good to go.

Check the radiator support and the surrounding area, if the tranny was damaged and JUST the bumper then someone is lying, I seriously cant see damage skipping everything in-between and going straight to the tranny... boost leaks, coolant leaks, DSG fluid leaks, and oil leaks should be looked at while the car is on AND off too.

Not to scare you away from it, just so you know what to look for. Also listen for "clicking" while in turns to see if the CV shafts need replacing since the trans was damaged.

songyun

Ready to race!
dsg should be replaced for save. if not i wont buy a car with dsg damaged before

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Congrats! enjoy your car :thumbsup:

thestig1

If the bumper and transmission were fixed by VW, then it should be OEM. Unless a tech didn't know what he was doing, (from what I understand, new techs help for a few months before getting their own bay) then it should be good to go.

Check the radiator support and the surrounding area, if the tranny was damaged and JUST the bumper then someone is lying, I seriously cant see damage skipping everything in-between and going straight to the tranny... boost leaks, coolant leaks, DSG fluid leaks, and oil leaks should be looked at while the car is on AND off too.

Not to scare you away from it, just so you know what to look for. Also listen for "clicking" while in turns to see if the CV shafts need replacing since the trans was damaged.

Sorry im a bit of a noob when it comes to this. im picking it up tomorrow morning and i will check the surrounding area. just to be clear, i shouldnt hear clicking while turning?