GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Value

Nicholasch18

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure if this is the right spot to post this but... I just found out the my 2011 GTI jumped timing and isn't really worth fixing. It has roughly 170000 miles on it and is an Autobahn edition. Located in Birmingham, AL. Anyone know how to sell this to get the most out of it?

Thanks for any help in advance.

zrickety

The Fixer
If you don't want to fix it, you could part it out but either way you need tools and equipment. I'm thinking $1-2k depending on condition. Sorry to hear this.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Parting it out would be the best option like zrickety said. No one wants to buy a car with a messed up engine.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
My condolences.

:eek:

zrickety

The Fixer
Parting it out would be the best option like zrickety said. No one wants to buy a car with a messed up engine.
I wouldn't say no one...I'm tempted to make an offer and fix it up but the price has to be right. For me or anyone else.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
other than the engine what's the status of your GTI?

If you just need a new head can't you just put in $2-3K and it's a wrap vs looking for another car, not knowing the history and paying roughly the same for you won't know what?

But....depending on your sitch do what's good for you. Sorry to hear about it regardless..hate it when some one's ride get's messed up