GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone have a holster in their car?

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
Just picked up a new piece (Glock 19 Gen 4 :happyanim:) and was looking to keep this one for the car. Does anyone else have a holster in their GTI and if so where? Ive been trying to find some good easy access spots for me that aren't too visible to others. Any suggestions? My only options seem to be under the headlight switch, On the driver side of the center console so my right side, and under the seat. Seems like under the seat is going to be the best bet cause of all the room but thats my last resort cause I dont like not being able to see the gun if Im trying to draw it you know. I dont want to be feeling around for it under my seat if I need it lol and if i put it on my side of the center console, I feel like Im going to be constantly smacking it with my leg. Just curious what some of my fellow Americans think lol Thanks!

Some visual aid

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
I figured I'd get a troll or two. Not here to talk about gun rights or debate cause I honestly couldn't give 2 shits cause we're on a car forum lol Long story short me and my brother got robbed at gun point last year so this is just a result of that. But trolls gonna troll lol

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
There is this thread that may shed some light.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90956

I have under seat drawers that I will sometimes use. Short drives I leave it holstered. Strong side, right hip.

I like to keep it tucked between the passenger seat bolster and dashboard.

Let me know what you come up with.

Ideally I'd keep it holstered for day to day stuff like you said but you have to have a CCW to keep it on you but I'm not 21 yet so I think I'm gonna do the drawer

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
See, I got it for this reason. But I don't like the draw stroke.

Does it snap shut or is it just a sliding drawer? In Florida it has to be "securely encased" so if it actually closes and not just slide, thats something i will definitely do

jwal

Ready to race!
Ideally I'd keep it holstered for day to day stuff like you said but you have to have a CCW to keep it on you but I'm not 21 yet so I think I'm gonna do the drawer

Make sure you're legal. Were I am at, you need a CCW to carry in a vehicle. Otherwise ammo and gun have to be separate in a gun case.

Not pushing law on you, just dont want to see you get in trouble.

jwal

Ready to race!
Does it snap shut or is it just a sliding drawer? In Florida it has to be "securely encased" so if it actually closes and not just slide, thats something i will definitely do

It latches shut as long as you push it all the way in. You need to push a button in on the handle to open it. You cannot pull.

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
Make sure you're legal. Were I am at, you need a CCW to carry in a vehicle. Otherwise ammo and gun have to be separate in a gun case.

Not pushing law on you, just dont want to see you get in trouble.

Oh I hear ya man. I'm actually going through the academy right now so I talked to a few of my instructors and buddies about it cause we haven't hit all the legal stuff yet. In Florida you can have it loaded and one in the tube just as long as its securely encased so basically in a holster that snaps or a glove box and so on.

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
So that drawer sounds perfect :w00t:

jwal

Ready to race!
Oh I hear ya man. I'm actually going through the academy right now so I talked to a few of my instructors and buddies about it cause we haven't hit all the legal stuff yet. In Florida you can have it loaded and one in the tube just as long as its securely encased so basically in a holster that snaps or a glove box and so on.

Thats good to hear. For the drawer, make sure you don't "laser" you legs when you draw as you wouldn't want to shoot your legs.