GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ed's Golf 6 HID Replica Headlights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
Alright guys. I purchase the 2nd gen chrome non-led lights two years ago and just this past fall the lens started to peel. How did everyone fix this? Did you buy a headlight restoration kit and sand and buff down the lens?

mobilecooltech

Ready to race!
Alright guys. I purchase the 2nd gen chrome non-led lights two years ago and just this past fall the lens started to peel. How did everyone fix this? Did you buy a headlight restoration kit and sand and buff down the lens?

I got the 3M restoration kit and sanded and buffed it out and looks like new again... but also installed lamin-x on it just in case after i buffed it out

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
I got the 3M restoration kit and sanded and buffed it out and looks like new again... but also installed lamin-x on it just in case after i buffed it out

I just installed Laminex and that was definitely a PITA. The second light turned out better than the first but hoping to see the results improve over the next few days with some cure time. Impressed with the durability though as it seems like a very solid protective film!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
sub'd

kerp

Ready to race!
Just curious if anyone has had issue with the inside of the lens? I had the standard issue with flaking on the outside, but mine have yellowing/flaking on the inside as well.

MarineOnline03

Ready to race!
Is there a fix to the leveling of the aim on these headlights? My low beam I'd too high. I'm getting flashes from other drivers

Its already set to the lowest

resilientsoma

Go Kart Champion
not sure if this was posted, but I had condensation inside my passenger side light. I opened up the back and let it dry on a hot day but left some watermarks. any way to clean this without baking them open?

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
I know it sucks that some people in sunny parts of the world are having issues with the lenses clouding up or peeling. The one thing I will say is that regardless of build quality/brand no headlight is immune to issues like this. My 2010 GTI here in cloudy Seattle has had the same issue with OEM bi-xenons lenses. I had both headlights replaced under warranty after the lenses clouded up where the low beam shines through. This messed up the beam pattern good. This in itself paid for the CPO warranty Next mod on the list is to disable DRLs!

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
Guise I have a question. Might be purchasing the option with the LED from Ed. My question is, for those with the euro switch, will the LEDs work both as a DRL and a city light? Reason I ask is because sometimes I cruise with my fogs and city lights on before it gets really dark. Hoping someone answers quick, I'm waiting to tell someone if I'm buying them or not! Lol

Sent from my distraction device

tone7601

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the e replicas 2gen and i have some really bad black spot on the headligths rigth on the middle could it be cuz im using h7 hid if i go whit the dh would it fix this problem or is it a projector problem

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
I have the e replicas 2gen and i have some really bad black spot on the headligths rigth on the middle could it be cuz im using h7 hid if i go whit the dh would it fix this problem or is it a projector problem

Make sure the metal wire that runs along the length of the glass bulb is at the bottom, at the 6 o'clock position or the beam pattern will look weird.

As well, you can adjust the lights horizontally, use the adjuster that needs a Philips screw driver bit to turn. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.