GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Its the ethanol content. Just hit me. Stoich for our gas is 14.7. Stoich for e85 is like 9.8. So if their gas is E25, it would make sense why they run a richer A/F, because stoich is a lot lower (in between 14.7 and 9.8).

If you tune using lambda, you shoot for the same mixture. The 9.8 AFR only comes to play with you're measuring E85 with a sensor that was calibrated for regular gas. The only reason I see they would shoot for a richer mixture is probably because of lower quality gas(even though the extra ethanol would offset that some) or maybe for emissions purposes over there?

Yeah man, the reason I bought them was because I thought 18% would be plenty. I maxed them out at 24 psi on a gtx3076r while spraying a bunch of meth, I doubt I'd get more than 20 on straight pump. Erball had the same problem, he's on etuners and ran out of fuel with lnfs around 20 psi on a 5858.

RJ runs the OPEL ones and he has fuel for days. For me, real world results speak louder than anything, that's why I say LNFs aren't a significant improvement.

Yeah I know what you mean, if you're going to pay for injectors, might as well get the bigger of the 2 since they are near the same price but I thought you were implying there weren't that much bigger than stock, so I just wanted to clarify that a little

Yeah RJ, don't you know uni plates the injectors in rare, secret metals and uses a 100-carat diamond to shave off the Bosch part numbers. Rumor has it that USP uses the same methods [emoji58]
Seriously. And I'm guessing their pump and controller isn't from the TTRS either

:lol::lol::lol:

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
With all due respect, I think you're making an inaccurate assumption.

Just quit while you're ahead. You're not convincing anyone.

Even if they're not LNFs, or LDKs, they are an OEM off the shelf injector. If you dropped the coin to have specialty injectors made to sell, they'd be plug and play.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
With all due respect, I didn't think misinforming customers was part of your business plan. I'd like to see data backing up the inaccuracy of my assumption.

My goal is to avoid misinformation to folks, which is why I posted my reply to yours. I'm sorry, I can not provide you with our research/testing data.

Just quit while you're ahead. You're not convincing anyone.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

bigturbonyc

Ready to race!
Nice. That's awesome. I also put mine on with a bunch of lube, some picks and my fingers...then I ran a few sockets over them to try and taper them again and put them in. No special million dollar OEM tool needed. There used to be that VW tech on here that would legit lose his mind if you told him you put those seals on without the tool and would say they would leak. LOL.

If you're good you can get those Teflon seals on and be fine, I've done it in a pinch. The key is shrinking them back down so they don't tear in the bore. We lost part of the tool at work, one day I used the tip of a pen, the next I had a spare 7.62 bullet laying around. There's always more than one way to skin a cat.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
Just to play devils advocate for a second. Has anyone here that's bashing UNI and saying these are lnf or zzp injectors ever actually had them in person to compare or confirm? Not saying they are magic and are or aren't worth the asking price but am very curious.

The main reason I bring this up is for prolly two years there was a debate about what what apr was using then finally found to be or comparable to the lnf then all of a sudden a little while longer someone found out about the Opel injectors. Maybe UNI found something or modified something no one is still aware of. JR has made 600whp with no additional fueling whereas everyone else is doing all kinds of other stuff to get past 500 it seems, so I can only imagine there is something else about those injectors.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
Just to play devils advocate for a second. Has anyone here that's bashing UNI and saying these are lnf or zzp injectors ever actually had them in person to compare or confirm? Not saying they are magic and are or aren't worth the asking price but am very curious.

The main reason I bring this up is for prolly two years there was a debate about what what apr was using then finally found to be or comparable to the lnf then all of a sudden a little while longer someone found out about the Opel injectors. Maybe UNI found something or modified something no one is still aware of. JR has made 600whp with no additional fueling whereas everyone else is doing all kinds of other stuff to get past 500 it seems, so I can only imagine there is something else about those injectors.

i forget who said it but if they were anything special they would be 100% plug n play. i have the opal/zzp or whoevers injectors AND have done for my customers, modified them in the same way, pull the spacer ring off replace with vw one, snip the top tab that lines them up in the rail, cut and splice the connectors into the stock harness.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Its the ethanol content. Just hit me. Stoich for our gas is 14.7. Stoich for e85 is like 9.8. So if their gas is E25, it would make sense why they run a richer A/F, because stoich is a lot lower (in between 14.7 and 9.8).

If you tune using lambda, you shoot for the same mixture. The 9.8 AFR only comes to play with you're measuring E85 with a sensor that was calibrated for regular gas. The only reason I see they would shoot for a richer mixture is probably because of lower quality gas(even though the extra ethanol would offset that some) or maybe for emissions purposes over there?

dang, i wanted to be the one this time lol. yeah if he's tuning eurodyne then afr shouldn't matter since our cars use lambda, right? 1 is 1 no matter what the ethanol content is. that's why our car can adjust to e85 as much as the fueling can support.

the only reason JR made that power was because he sprays a lot of meth. i plan on finding the limit of injectors this year since no one else can seem to provide me that data. I've been wanting too ever since Arin would pop in here once a month to ask if anyone had made more power than the 3+ kit without using meth. i can't use meth at the track anyway so i'll go for it.

...eventually.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
dang, i wanted to be the one this time lol. yeah if he's tuning eurodyne then afr shouldn't matter since our cars use lambda, right? 1 is 1 no matter what the ethanol content is. that's why our car can adjust to e85 as much as the fueling can support.

the only reason JR made that power was because he sprays a lot of meth. i plan on finding the limit of injectors this year since no one else can seem to provide me that data. I've been wanting too ever since Arin would pop in here once a month to ask if anyone had made more power than the 3+ kit without using meth. i can't use meth at the track anyway so i'll go for it.

...eventually.

I'm not running meth and UNI fuel soon

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion

...eventually.

What did the 3+ kit make? I made 42x without methanol...

Almost blew my shit up in the process... but yolo.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
What did the 3+ kit make? I made 42x without methanol...

Almost blew my shit up in the process... but yolo.

I've never seen a 3+ make more than 380whp on 93 octane and the off the shelf map. And that's not a bash on APR, as I have the kit. I've never had their 3+ tune, but I know at minimum 5 people who bought the 3+ kit new and they all made 380whp on 93 octane.

Also, yea I'm a dumbass about the previous A/F comment. I've been through those tables enough to know our ECU uses lambda, not sure what I was thinking. :iono:

EDIT: Also, why every time Unitronic is mentioned it has to be UNI, in like bold capital letters?

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
I've never seen a 3+ make more than 380whp on 93 octane and the off the shelf map. And that's not a bash on APR, as I have the kit. I've never had their 3+ tune, but I know at minimum 5 people who bought the 3+ kit new and they all made 380whp on 93 octane.

I am part of that statistic. 382whp to be exact on 93oct. 420whp on 100oct with their "high output file" that they wont admit exists