GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who's owned their car the longest?

tzd

Ready to race!
Bought my 2.5L end of January 2010, been driving it ever since. 50k miles service done earlier this year.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Ive had an mk6 for 5 years and 120k total miles :D

Ok full truth

Brand new 2010 Gti on April 2010 51k miles

Brand new 2012 R on August 2012 70k miles

Golf R has been reliable other than the faulty clutch parts swapped and fix by warranty at 11k miles

Final Drive replaced at 46k-ish because road debris cracked my casting :(

I payed a fraction of price of full replacement and install so I can't hate on VWoA

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
4 years and 3 months here. Car is an 11, purchased mid January 2011 with under 100 miles. Going to hit 93k on the way home today. Stage 2 at 3k, K04 at 27k.

Although it's been very reliable, I've been bored with it for the past year or so and keep thinking of getting out of it. I just can't really find anything else that will do what this car will do. It's just an all around good vehicle (power/gas mileage/hauling, etc).

steemax

Go Kart Champion
4 years and 3 months here. Car is an 11, purchased mid January 2011 with under 100 miles. Going to hit 93k on the way home today. Stage 2 at 3k, K04 at 27k.

Although it's been very reliable, I've been bored with it for the past year or so and keep thinking of getting out of it. I just can't really find anything else that will do what this car will do. It's just an all around good vehicle (power/gas mileage/hauling, etc).

Just throw more parts at it to keep your interest :cool:
Like water/meth perhaps and run 100 oct mode?

CMD

Ready to race!
4 years and 5 months now - picked up my 2011 in November new from the dealer. As of yesterday sitting at just under 170000 km. Apr stage 1 since 52000km. No major issues besides complete engine replacement after vw dealer fubared an intake manifold warranty job. Clutch beginning to show potential signs of slippage now though.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Just throw more parts at it to keep your interest :cool:
Like water/meth perhaps and run 100 oct mode?

I'm kind of at the end of the "throw parts" time. Check my build thread and see if there's anything I missed. LOL.

No interest in W/M as I drive it everyday and I don't want to deal with leaky lines, MAP sensors or TB's breaking, etc. Especially in the winter when it's 2 degrees out. The only thing left would be a big turbo, but I feel the power it makes now is perfect for a FWD car. It actually hooks up quite nicely at this point. Just going to keep DD'ing it and build something V8/RWD to pass the time :D

AM407

Autocross Champion
Except for some summer tires and wheels I put on when it was brand new, I've kept the car totally stock for the past five years.

For its fifth birthday, I decided to give it a bit of a refresh: new shocks/struts, control arm bushings, dogbone insert, brakes (just pads, rotors and the Tyrolsport bushing kit.)

That should rekindle the romance for a while. Maybe I'll go stage 1 for our tenth anniversary. :)

NLeo

Ready to race!
My 2010 was built in may of 2010 and i Picked it up early june with 8 miles on it. Went stage 1 at 1k and stage 2 at 5k or so. Currently sits with 94k and still on the stock clutch and water pump. Only issues ive had are the intake mani (replaced under warranty) and the front door latches broke and wouldnt let me close the door. I also have a coolant smell coming from the right side of the radiator I have to look into but other than that and the occasional clutch slip its running strong.

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
The 17th of this month will be a full year with the boost camp. So far so good.

dwgolf

Ready to race!
I just passed the 5-year mark with my car. I placed a factory order in January 2010 and the car was delivered on April 27, 2010.

Just coming up on 90,000 kms and the car has been great. A few little rattles that I've fixed, but no major issues - even the water pump has been fine! :laugh: The car is long since paid for, and my plan is to keep it at least another five years.

Anyone else with a 2010 they bought new and are still driving?

Same year, same miles. Man we racked up the miles. Got the car new and it's paid off.

AM407

Autocross Champion
^^ well, don't know that I "racked up the miles." I put 90,000 kms on mine, which I think is only around 55,000 miles. Not a lot for a 2010, IMO.

AM407

Autocross Champion
Any of you original 2010 owners still around?

I still have mine, and after seven years and 130,000 km I still have no plans to replace it. New Civic Type-R is kind of tempting, but probably not tempting enough to have car payments again.

I went Unitronic Stage 1 a month ago, and the car still puts a smile on my face every time I get in it. Pretty sure I'll hang onto it at least until its tenth birthday, maybe longer. Should still have less than 200,000 km on it by that point, so should be totally doable.

So far, I haven't had any serious issues with it at all. The only things to need replacing have been a rear wheel bearing and the parking brake cables. Still on the original water pump and intake manifold! :bellyroll:

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
September or October 2009. It was the first two door and first manual transmission Mk6 GTI my local dealer received, which was the second they got. The first was a four door DSG in the wrong color and wrong seats, I was dead set on having plaid seats.

116k miles later I'm finally getting around to buying upgrades.