GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Want to Modify your GTI? Start Here

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Yes. Some brands provide adapters. Asking the vendor would be the easiest. And if they dont, you can prolly get a reducer from your local exhaust place.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

torga

Autocross Champion
Stock DP is 2.5", IIRC. In case you end up having you go buy a reducer yourself.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I’d skip the catback and get the downpipe instead man. You’ll gain some actual power with that, they make them to mate to your stock catback as well. Better bang for your buck. Check the classifieds thread, there’s always someone selling downpipe a or catbacks if you still decide to just go for sound lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Stock DP is 2.5", IIRC. In case you end up having you go buy a reducer yourself.
Stock DP is 60mm at the catback side. 60mm = 2.3622in. Most catbacks come with provisions for mating up to the stock DP.

To anyone replacing a catback I recommend buying a new clamp (part# 1K0253141N, 60x90mm clamp) because the OEM clamp is often quite rusted and requires removal with brute force (read: cut it off). It doesn't help that from the factory the nuts on the clamp are facing up towards the floor making it difficult to get a socket or wrench on. Trust me, buy a new clamp and be prepared to cut the old one.

torga

Autocross Champion
Stock DP is 60mm at the catback side. 60mm = 2.3622in. Most catbacks come with provisions for mating up to the stock DP.

To anyone replacing a catback I recommend buying a new clamp (part# 1K0253141N, 60x90mm clamp) because the OEM clamp is often quite rusted and requires removal with brute force (read: cut it off). It doesn't help that from the factory the nuts on the clamp are facing up towards the floor making it difficult to get a socket or wrench on. Trust me, buy a new clamp and be prepared to cut the old one.
Ah, thanks. As for the clamp, it depends where you live. My GTI is a desert car and that clamp loosened extremely easily and there was hardly any surface rust. Same for the rest of the underside of the car. But it's always better to be safe than be crawling underneath your car, expecting your exhaust to take 2 hours only to figure out you need to go find a clamp because yours rust-welded itself.

lina luuna

much obliged to you. wish there was a way that new individuals like mee would need to peruse and recognize this string.

Kodi nox

Last edited: