GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbon cleaning around Baltimore

Hophoop

Anyone recommend anyone please. Sykesville is a bit of a hike but will if no one nearer. I also work in Columbia Md some days.

Thank you

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Hey Mark, you probably don't remember me but I helped you out with a few vagcom tweaks a while back. Anyways, you should give Ed @ Induktion Motorsports a call. They're located down by BWI and specialize in Audi/VW/BMW/Mini/Porsche. My only experience with Induktion is that I recently had an alignment done there, but after chatting with Ed I'm sure carbon cleaning will be a cinch for them.

New German Performance is another option but they're a little further, in Aberdeen. I have no experience with them but they're a large VW/Audi focused shop.

I'll be doing my own carbon cleaning within the next few months, just have to put together my walnut blasting setup!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Good info!!

I would take a drive over to BWI if the price was right for a carbon cleaning.

Hophoop

Had mine done this weekend. My GTI has 69,000 and was driving like a pig.
Car now runs like a dream.

Can not recommend his services and professionalism enough.

I went to VW who told me they would replace the plastic manifold and use a screw driver to scrape off the carbon, eeeeks.

Sorry mods if I’m doing this but this really is an invaluable service to the vw community.

Martin 443 851 6690

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Had mine done this weekend. My GTI has 69,000 and was driving like a pig.
Car now runs like a dream.

Can not recommend his services and professionalism enough.

I went to VW who told me they would replace the plastic manifold and use a screw driver to scrape off the carbon, eeeeks.

Sorry mods if I’m doing this but this really is an invaluable service to the vw community.

Martin 443 851 6690

Is this Martin guy part of a shop or just someone that you know? What did he end up charging you if you don't mind me asking?

I know at some point I should probably look into this as my fuel economy has really seemed to take a dive.