GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What tune do y’all recommend/what upgrades should be next?

hryhorchuk

Passed Driver's Ed
This would be my first post about suggestions for next part upgrades. Slowly making upgrades so let’s see what’s recommended...

What’s on the car currently (‘12 GTI DSG)
R8 coil packs
Ngk plugs
Unitronic intake
GFB DV+
EBC slotted rotors/red stuff pads all the way around

What I have ready to be installed:
Koni shocks/struts w/ VWR springs/ 034 strut mounts
SPM TBE exhaust

So... since I’m doing the TBE, I assume a tune would be one of the next moves I should make. I’ve been looking into possibly getting a COBB AP for flash capabilities and data logging. Any tune suggestions?

Also, what part upgrades should I start looking towards? Upgraded Intercooler?

Any suggestions and help is appreciated

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Definitely tune

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Get a downpipe and Stage 2 tune. I went with Unitronic because you can do it at home and I don't have an APR dealer around me. Also Uni has a great customer service reputation and lots of products to compliment the tunes. My other consideration was Eurodyn. Look at the pro's and con's of each tuner, power and ease of use.

I liked the idea of data logging but with my busy life didn't want to go down that rabbit hole.

nagokart

Ready to race!
Cobb AP with Stratified tune. Doubles as a gauge and code reader.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'm happy with stratified. They helped clear up all the issues I was having with a previous tuner. The cobb ap is a nice bonus. The gauges help you make sure you're staying within safe limits, datalogging is really easy, and it's nice being able to read codes where ever you're at. Order the cobb ap from statified and the tune comes with it. As far value goes and what you get for your money it's hard to beat.

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
Cobb + Stratified all the way, I had Unitronic as well and honestly wish I went with Cobb from the beginning.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Stratisfied does have a great looking tune. I never really looked into it because it’s not as common of a tune.

They also have E85 if that is available near you (I don’t have any near me).

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Tune followed by intercooler for sure. Esp down in texas.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Tires
Tune
IC

In that order. Then:
Big turbo
Turbo tune

*KOOLAID MAN VOICE*
Ohhh yeahhh!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I'll recommend any tune over APR, lol.

Definitely a tune I wouldn't recommend to a friend or anyone that can come back after me, lol.

zrickety

The Fixer
I have a friend that went IE (Integrated Engineering), he's pretty happy. I have an older APR tune and I'm very happy. If you have a true turbo back exhaust, that sounds like Stage 2 whatever you do. All the tuners are basically the same at this level. The Cobb AP hogs up your OBD2 port, I'm not a fan of that.

As far as mods go, tune first, then subframe mount (either HPA, 034, or VWR), and solid rear LCA bushings (either the TT or Whiteline bushings). Those made a HUGE difference for me.