GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

doc's new build

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
got the Stoptech kit installed. and the VW DG springs. and the rear sway.

Holy crap its a helluva car now. Talk about a well rounded drivers car! Goes better, handles better, and stops a lot better. Brake pedal feel is amazing.

Pix to follow

Nice setup so far, in for some pics of that brake kit installed.

doc1

Passed Driver's Ed
pix to post once im back home in NYC. had the work done by a long-time friend who just so happens to be a long-time VW/BMW/Porsche mechanic. if anyone needs an excellent mechanic in the Lincoln Nebraska area, PM me for his name and number.

The stopping power is tremendous, naturally. It reminds me of the braking hard with some of the superbikes Ive had in the past...So hard that your head swims.

But so far the best thing is really awesome pedal feel. Absolutely no give in the brakes, it feels like a pure really stiff and direct connection from your foot to the calipers. Best brakes on any car I've ever driven (which is quite a few actually...). plus, modulation and control is smooth and linear. Not grabby. When super aggressive, the ABS kicks in just like you'd expect. I think it helps that I also tried to keep a fairly balanced setup by updating the rears to slotted Stoptechs with new pads and lines (all Stoptech stuff).

The noise was more noticeable than before during slow driving (+\- 25 mph) for the first day or two. Now i cant hear them. they've bedded in beautiful.

doc1

Passed Driver's Ed
Lame cell phone pix. More later when I get the big camera out. But better cell pix than no pix...

doc1

Passed Driver's Ed
Those brakes look beautiful. :thumbup:

And they work so damn well too! It's [almost] more fun to get some speed up just to stop fst

(fst is the correct spelling of something that's so fast you can't even waste time on a vowel...)

doc1

Passed Driver's Ed
newer pic, but I was blocked in next to me in the garage, so I couldn't get a shot of the profile with the Stoptechs. Soon hopefully.

doc1

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been with out my GTI going on a year now. When I moved from the Bronx to Manhattan, I had my car sent back home to Omaha. I wouldn't be driving much (or at all), and parking is pricey for something that you don't need to use often. As such, nothing has been done to the car for an entire year (June to June). A few miles put on her here and there to keep her running, but that's it.

With that being said, I'm finally moving back to Omaha after just over 5 years here in NYC. Movers came yesterday, and the trucks on it's way to my new house (where the GTI awaits).

I'm looking forward to driving again in general, and specifically to thrashing the GTI around a bit! To boot, I bought a 2014 Audi allroad for my wife. Looks to be a sweet ride, practical, the good looks of an Avant, and dat quattro.

I doubt she'll let me lower the allroad, but we'll see.

I have to stick around here in NYC for another month or so, but I'll update the thread with some pix once I'm reunited with the GTI.