GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kind of a flexfuel stage2

mars2

Ready to race!
Lately I was thinking of creating Kind of flexfuel for EA888 gen 1&2 with Oem K03 turbo. This would be for my VW T6 TSI.
My point is not so much to gain power but here in France were E85 is half the price of 93 is to run cheaper. And that than take in between 15L/KM to 20L/KM

If i install LNF injector's 0261500055 that deliver 18% more without rescaling injector in the ecu fuel map then my car on 93 gazoline will adjust LTFT by removing 18%.
My ECU will still have the range to add 25% so if you add this to those 18%
that let the ECU be able to add 43% of fuel by tricking it. So plenty enough for E85.

So then on the fueling side with O2 sensor runing in closed loop and adapting the LTFT it should be OK togged the right AF on any E85 mix from 0 to 100%?
Or do you think I missed something their?

Then with a REVO stage 2 and their SPS+ I could tweak the 100 octane file to run at max timing and max boost ( position 9) to get a bit more power on E85 than on 93 gazoline.

Do you think I'm stupide or it could work?

PS: I had something similar in My VW R32 flexfuel tune with the injector scaled lower than what they are.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
*18% LTFT fuel trim is not considered ok
*it will only adjust 18% for 91, and that's if you have 0% adjustment on your current tune. it will still need to adjust to compensate for needing 30% more fuel for e85, which is above the 25% that the ecu can accomodate for
*you will need more than injectors, at least a fuel pump if not more

skipping tuning is a horrible idea. do it the right way or don't do it.

mars2

Ready to race!
What is the problem of 18% fuel trim.
My R32 had about 23% to 25% when I was on 100% E85 I did a 110000 mile ( hundred and ten thousand) with all kind of weather going to ski resort at 7000 feet elevation with freezing temp then on the sea where I leave in summer with 100°. Never had a problem with that R32 with supercharger. now on my AE888 engine van I'm running most of the time with E40 with fuel trim at +21to 23% also no problem since 10000 miles.
You know those new smart ECU that mostly work on closed loop can adapt to a lot of thing's without a tune.

Nobody in france want's to do me a flexfuel tune so I have to find my own trick to get kind of flex fuel van.

I remember that the tuner who did the flexfuel tune for my supercharged R32 said he was down scalling the injector by 15% in the tune on purpose to get some extra range of adaptation for E85 so that the fueling have enough room to adapte by itself via fuel trim to any mix of E85 and gazoline. And it worked perfectly for 8 year I could feel with whatever.

By that he mean getting more than +25% of adaptation.
Because if you ZERO is not ZERO but minus 15 then you have 40% of positive adaptation range. Isn't it?

In france we have a few forum of people running their car on E85 without tuning.
Because they can save so much money. 1Gallon of 93 is 6.3$ 1 gallon of E85 is 3.3$ they log their car to see how it adapte some have done more than 200000 miles. some brand have enough range in the ECU and fuel componant that flow enough to adapte to 100% E85 with out any tune.

mars2

Ready to race!
"it will only adjust 18% for 91, and that's if you have 0% adjustment on your current tune. it will still need to adjust to compensate for needing 30% more fuel for e85, which is above the 25% that the ecu can accommodate for"

I think you got it wrong. on 91 or 93 it will have minus 18% fuel trim then when you are at about E35 you will have LTFT around 0% and from their the LTFT can still adapte by an extra 25% to adapte when it goes from E35 to E85.
On the other hand you also have 18% bigger injector's that should be enough to keep the right AFR with what the K03 is capable to flow. the only problem could be the LPFP at that stage.

E85 is more like 40% extra than 30% if you keep same target lambda value than for gazoline.