GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

License plate holes repair? Need help

GtiDom25

Passed Driver's Ed
Can anyone help me out, wanna take my front license plate off but of course there 5 ugly holes there from the dealer. I saw a bumper plugs but there crazy expensive and I want something that's a little more flush as well. Anyone do any DIY for this? Help. Pics if possible

ahard48

Ready to race!
I had a guy in Conesus fill and repaint my bumper for ~$350. Thought about bringing back my rear bumper to shave the reflectors. Did great work.

SteveInLA

Ready to race!
I made my own. I bought a couple of different sizes of push fasteners from the hardware store (click here for example). I primed and painted them with spray paint from an auto parts store. I took off the front bumper, drilled out the holes a little so the fasteners would fit, then pushed them in. They creep out a bit but I just push them back in when I see them coming out. I suppose a dab of silicone glue would keep them in better. Total cost was about $25 and a couple hours of labor. Buy and paint a few extras and use the ones that come out looking the best.

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
I filled and repainted mine using Bondo spot putty, touch-up paint, sandpaper, and rubbing and polishing compounds. It wasn't perfect, but the patches were imperceptible unless you were really close and actually looking for them.

Since I didn't do a good enough job prepping the surface, within a year black circles started to appear as the raised plastic ridges around the holes started poking through.

I have the whole front bumper off as we speak, so while it's off I'm re-doing the license plate hole patches from scratch, using lessons learned from the first time.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
the cheapest fix ive found is putting you license plate back on

gdub09

Ready to race!
I just used the OEM push pins, it helps that the car is black lol