GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
I always wished that I made a thread back when I had my MKIV so I could have a record of all my changes to the car and whore my boring pics. Now with my MKVI I figured I'd start my own thread:

Done:
APR Stage 2 93/91/stock/100 tune
Euroswitch
VCDS tweaks (disable DRLs, enable cluster staging, enable emergency brake lights)
New wheels - Bremmer Kraft BR05 18x8
Hardwired V1, concealed display, remote audio
OEM LED tails with rear fog (tinted)
Winter wheels/tires - 16x6.5 ET42 steel wheels + 205/55/16 Michelin X-Ice Xi2 with VW Tiguan center caps
GHL 200 cell metal catted downpipe (RAI J spacer, mid jet) + Magnaflow catback exhaust
APR Carbonio intake
DIY color matched side markers
GMG tow hook plate mount
BFI Stage 1 (70a) torque mount insert
Draw-Tite hitch installed
ECS (R-dash?) LED license plate lights
Gentex Auto-dimming Homelink rearview mirror
Removed dealer applied painted pinstripes
Removed airbag warning decals
Formula One Pinnacle (ceramic) 35% tint
South Bend Stage 2 Daily/Silent clutch kit

To do:
Short shifter
Maybe add a nice resonator to my midpipe

Right after I got the car:

New wheels:

V1 concealed/remote installed:

LED tails:

Winter setup (wheel gap/reverse rake made worse due to the angle of my driveway):

Magnaflow catback exhaust installed (yes, I parked on the line.. no one was going to park in the ice/snow spot and I get as far away from open spots next to me as possible :D):

DIY color matched side markers:

GMG tow hook mount and ghetto DIY plate hole coverup:

And a random corner shot:

Modified piping to allow hitch to fit:

Sprayed the piping flat black, you can't really tell the exhaust was modded:

Some misc. shots after car wash:

Sweet pic (thanks g60_corrado_91 !):

A couple pics I took from a few weeks back:

7/20/12 - A few changes this week.. removed the pinstripes finally, installed an autodimming Homelink rearview mirror, removed the airbag warning decals, and got tinted (Formula One Pinnacle 35%):

Last edited:

BonJovic

Ready to race!
man the R tails look so nice on our car. Looks good man! TR Photoshoot, coming in Spring 2012! :)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
:thumbup:

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Freshly washed with the winter setup.. Sweet wheel gap!

...and my warm weather wheels are taunting me, I'm pretty sure :(

FormulaRon

Sweet car :) why don't you use the oem monza wheels for winter? or did you swap them for the other wheel? Because steelies don't look too good on the gti :)

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks..

I think (not sure) the "Monza" is called "Detroit" here in the US, but I didn't use them for a few reasons. I wanted to keep them in perfect condition so I could throw them back on the car when the time comes to sell, driving on 225s and 18"s would give me zero advantage in snow (not to mention dealing with potholes, etc.), and there's a huge price jump for winter tires from 16" to 17" or 18" that wasn't worth it for me at the time. If I had to do it again I'd probably get some 17" Goal wheels with winter tires.. it'd be way more expensive but at least I'd have some advantage over the 18s and it'd look better than the 16" steelies.

FlyLo1

Ready to race!
Looks good man..and extremely clean. Those motorsports? are gonna look sweet. Are you planning on lowering it?

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Looks good man..and extremely clean. Those motorsports? are gonna look sweet. Are you planning on lowering it?
Thanks buddy. Nah, they're reps :eek: but I love how they look, plus they're cheap. And I don't plan on lowering it because I'm paranoid about bottoming out/scraping.. there are some nasty roads around here in the winter (not so much this year so far, it's too warm)

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Snow tires got me safely home from a 2 hr, 20 mile commute through 6 inches of snow..

Surprisingly (to me), the tires were much better in 6 inches of fresh powder than they were in the more wet/slushy driven on snow.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Bought a Magnaflow CBE from Muskie, who lives real close.. Install hopefully this weekend or next, but I'm nervous since I avoid doing anything under the car other than an oil change.. This CBE used to be on GunKata's car, sold to Muskie who decided he didn't want it, then sold to me :w00t: