GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
My battery just exploded when I went to turn my car on #coolstorybro lmfao
View attachment 58282

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one!! Hopefully it's a MANual, just push it. I actually used to park on a hill as I didnt have money to buy a starter for my vw notch

ksandman

Ready to race!
Nice one!! Hopefully it's a MANual, just push it. I actually used to park on a hill as I didnt have money to buy a starter for my vw notch

Haha it’s a dsg :( I regret my decision all the time but then I sit in traffic to and from work and remember why I got the automatic initially. It’s still a fun car but I am beginning to miss shifting gears myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtim3727

I had a Mk6 Jetta 2.5 L trying to race me on the highway yesterday........At first, he was somewhat keeping pace, but once I found open space to go full bore, it wasn’t even close........

Also just hit 104k this morning..... I’ve had unitronic S1+ since 42k and it’s been very solid.I plan on keeping this car indefinitely(fingers crossed I won’t have major issues soon)

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Had some fun with a 10-13 Camaro tonight on 2 lane back roads. Came up on him kinda fast and backed off. He slowed down a bit and sped up a bit so I followed. Came to a crossroad with a traffic light. Light was green and we were both making a right. I downshift into 2nd and hang tight to him. As soon as we round the turn he takes off, so I do too. Had to actually back off as I was catching him and on his ass till he shut it down around 70. Next 3-4 miles he wouldn’t slow down slower then 70. Takes off from 70 and starts pulling on me and my little turbo just couldn’t hang after 85ish. I think he knew he had to keep the speed up if he wanted to loose me. Lots of fun though especially after a busy day at work!!

CSB

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Was pretty funny yesterday...Just driving around and this guy in what I'm pretty sure was a cadillac but I'm not sure of the model, and he must have seen me in one of his mirrors because he was started slowing down to get next to me. It wasn't really the best time for a race...I mean we were approaching a red light and cars were already sitting there. I just ignored him, but he kept trying to egg me on. I'm pretty sure he was putting it in neutral and was driving an automatic, and he was bouncing the needle at the rev limiter trying to get my attention. I made eye contact with his buddy in the car and just shook my head. He revved his motor at me a couple more times as I downshifted for the stop light. I just sat there like chill the fuck out dude...

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
While in Mexico....I wrecked a Pontiac G8 with an exhaust from a 60 roll today. Dude pulls up to me on the highway in the right lane (2 lane highway) downshifting like he had something for me. We take off at 3 honks with me slightly ahead and right around 90 mph I really started leaving him pretty badly. At the end he pulled up next to me, smiled, gave the thumbs up with a confused look, and ripped it as I got off the exit! Gotta admit, that LS3 sounded AMAZING! But better luck next time junior.....

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
While in Mexico....I wrecked a Pontiac G8 with an exhaust from a 60 roll today. Dude pulls up to me on the highway in the right lane (2 lane highway) downshifting like he had something for me. We take off at 3 honks with me slightly ahead and right around 90 mph I really started leaving him pretty badly. At the end he pulled up next to me, smiled, gave the thumbs up with a confused look, and ripped it as I got off the exit! Gotta admit, that LS3 sounded AMAZING! But better luck next time junior.....

Nice

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Had some fun with a Charger 392 (didn't know what it was exactly but it sounded mean). I knew I didn't stand a chance but we did some little pulls me behind him. Got side by side at a red light and we both took off easy and stayed door to door. I was in 3rd gear around 3500 and punched it. He flew by me before I even hit red line lol. Car sounded awesome. Gave each other a thumbs up at the next light and went our separate ways. Need that K04 to play with the big boys.

E36 M3 in front of me down shifted and punched it. I was waiting for it so I downshifted into 3rd and started catching up. He shut it down and made a left. It was not a well taken care of E36.

CSB

Uni Stage 1+

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Last week on two different days... I had Tiguan's acting like Porche's. Up my butt and passing like they were Strider or something. Thought maybe they were tuned. They were at least 2018's. I let them get past me ... then dropped a gear or two before showing them what a wickedly powerful stg 1 GTI was all about LoL.

Fun times.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Ran a kia stinger this am from a 90 roll. He was running 90 and I rolled up on him and it was on. Only put about 2 car lengths on him and let off at 145. I was in 6th when I rolled up on him so I didn't down shift. Had it been a 40 roll I'm sure the outcome would have been a big gap. Either way it was fun early am so no cars out in mexico..
CSB!!!

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Driving home from work yesterday on I95 in a lot of traffic. I see a big diesel bro dozer riding peoples ass and swerving through traffic. He rides my ass for 30 seconds and tries to swerve around me. I gently accelerate to close the gap so he cannot pass (I know, I'm an asshole). He rolls down the window and starts screaming at the top of his lungs "That's a pussy car" blah blah blah.

Traffic opens up in front of us and he goes WOT. Very evident since he has a super loud exhaust. I let him get half a car length on me and then go WOT and dust him. His face was priceless. I love killing egos in my unassuming Golf :)

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
I'm still laughing about this.
Last night I'm behind a Nissan Micra. Had some cool Minion decals on it. Not much to think of. In the lane next to it is a Merc 320. Older model. Not sure of the year. In any case we're all at the lights and the through the intersection the lane the Merc is in will disappear. So I figure and I was right, that as soon as the light turns green the Mecr will take off. It does. What happens next had me in stitches.
The Micra? Takes off too! And it's got BALLS! It kept pace with the Merc right up to where the lane just disappears. I'm pretty sure the Merc driver was sweating it hard.
Funniest 15 seconds ever...
After the Merc just nudges over in time, the Micra just put on it's right turn signal and turns right to drive off into the night.

CSB! Made my night

GolNat

Autocross Champion
^ Nice!!

I had some bro dozer issues the other day. Saw the guy enter the highway and started ridding asses and cutting people off. I didn’t think much of it until I saw him in front of me a few miles up. 3 lane highway. Far right lane ends. Bro dozer is in the front followed by a Honda CRV and then me. Light goes green. Truck goes WOT (diesel engine is screaming) CRV follows and then I role into first nice and steady and then short shifts into 2nd. Once left 2 lanes are cleared CRV goes 2 lanes over to far left. Truck moves one lane over. I stay in the lane that ends wind out 2nd shift into 3rd and go WOT. I blow by him like he ain’t moving. Slow it down a bit and he catches up. He tries again at the next light while we are already rolling. Better get a tune buddy :)

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I backed out of my driveway and did some errands.