GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ASTRID - SCCA TT National Tour & Time Attack Build

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! It won't be physically touching the bumper. You referring to the Mocal one that's included?

Yes

Correct it's the Iabed kit. Expensive, but his design was exactly what I wanted since it'll still allow me to run a sandwich plate for my accumulator.

Nice!

zef

Drag Racing Champion

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Meanwhile, USRT's DSG cooler is being mounted on the other side...

zef

Drag Racing Champion
thats clean, are you going to put some sort of mesh to protect the oil cooler from road debris?

Haven't really decided yet. Something will likely go there, the question will be how to secure it.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Wow I thoroughly approve of what's happening in this thread. Well done.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thank you! Any chance you could share your specs on the vorshlag plates? I had a Q into eibach for what Vorshlag's looking for but they haven't gotten back to me yet. They want to know the strut type and what not--wasn't sure if eibach was unique with the multipro's

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Thank you! Any chance you could share your specs on the vorshlag plates? I had a Q into eibach for what Vorshlag's looking for but they haven't gotten back to me yet. They want to know the strut type and what not--wasn't sure if eibach was unique with the multipro's

Sure man, Whats the question? Jason @ Vorshlag seemed to know a lot more about that platform than I do in terms of suspension... PM me your email, I'll forward a chain between him and I that should cover everything

zef

Drag Racing Champion

Iabed Industries distribution block mounted, Iabed oil cooler adapter mounted and plumbed. Everything should be wrapped up tomorrow.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Make sure you run the car to op temp well over 200 degrees to get the thermostat to open. Once open, oil volume from the pan will reside in the oil cooler lines and radiator. Shut it down, let the oil drain back to the pan and check the level. Fill and repeat this process again after a 2 minute drive around the block. This is the process I had to do to get the oil level to hold stable and "burp" the system.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Make sure you run the car to op temp well over 200 degrees to get the thermostat to open. Once open, oil volume from the pan will reside in the oil cooler lines and radiator. Shut it down, let the oil drain back to the pan and check the level. Fill and repeat this process again after a 2 minute drive around the block. This is the process I had to do to get the oil level to hold stable and "burp" the system.

Thanks! With the cooler mounted vertically (with the feed line on the bottom) burping should be pretty easy peezy.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Car is done and SUPER excited at how it turned out. Some final install pics - I tried to get better pics of the thermostat for the ICECAP cooler, but due to the accumulator being in the way, the hoses had to be ran behind the fender liner.

Last edited:

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Also, sorry for the obnoxiously large pictures now, switched from photobucket to imgur and figuring out how to resize stuff properly

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Dropped the car off for paint today. In about 3-4 weeks time, she'll be Suzuka Grey. She'll also be getting treated to a double carbon revozport vented hood, an edition 35 front bumper with a kerscher carbon fiber front lip, seibon front fenders, and a revozport roof spoiler. So used to having a car that exterior wise was in pretty rough shape, so needless to say I am super excited. The hood and fenders will be getting paint matched.

Once the car is back from paint, the new eibach coilovers, camber plates, brembo bbk, mk6r rear calipers, rs3 master cylinder will all be getting installed. Will also hopefully have my hands on a new wheel and tire setup by then as well. Once all that is done, the car will be getting flushed with Castrol SRF, then will go for a final alignment and corner balance. All before my first scheduled track day on April 12th lol.

Over the past weekend I did install oil temp and boost gauges, but unfortunately the defi gauge bezels stick too far out of the steering column pod and hit the steering wheel, so I ordered CJM Industries vent pods and will reroute after I get the car back.

Last but not least, the 2 remaining items on the list are a bucket seat and a tyrolsport hatch brace. There are some other things I'll be looking at down the road as well (lightweight battery, etc), but will come later once the bank account recoups.

Stay tuned!