GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HOW do I install this stuff?!!

Aszbaz

First of all, I would like to say hi to all the VW owners out there! Im 18, and have recently confirmed I will be recieving a VW Golf 1.4TSI for xmas!! The only problem is that it doesnt have the dynaudio upgrade :( Im a complete and utter n00b when it comes to cars and especially sound systems, so was wondering how difficult it is to fit one myself?

This is the one ive been looking at - it seems a reasonable price for whats in the box: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId_768521_langId_-1_categoryId_165702#dtab

What do you think? And could anyone please give me a rough idea on how to install it? Im thinking its like this:

Disconnect battery
Chop off door speakers and replace with the ones in the box
Put the amp in the boot, connect the sub to it
Wire the amp to the battery
Wire the amp to the radio - the part I am MOST confused about! What goes where?! And how does the amp know when to switch on or off? Dont want a flat battery :laugh: Its an RCD-510 without sat nav etc :)

And just to let you guys know - I will be a member for at least the next three years, and will be contributing heavily and posting pics of my upcoming mods :happyanim: Im actually a forum admin myself so wouldnt want to just leech from the community and give nothing back :mad:

Ghost-GTI

Ready to race!
Welcome mate! What a nice Christmas present. Remember to be nice to your parents... ;-)

There are several amp and sub install threads here and available through the search function. I haven't seen a solid DIY for the door speakers but there may be one either here or on Vortex.

I would start with a search of this section of the forum for threads with "amp" in the title.

Enjoy your car and happy motoring.

kniteshift

Ready to race!
how do you know it fits a mk6?

dragonslayer33101

Ready to race!
The 6x9's won't fit our speakers are all 6.5" round with a 1" tweeter(if you have the premiumVIII system), and those are only 3 ways not components...most likely will sound no better or worse than the stock speakers, even in a golf. The sub may be ok but I would do some more research and think about saving up for a JL stealth box sub kit. I've had my entire system replaced and it can get expensive fast if you are looking for quality

TomMcD

Ready to race!
@Aszbaz Welcome and congrats on the shortly arriving Tsi. Honestly, if you're not comfortable tearing your car apart I would recommend you spend the extra money and have the boys down at Halfords put it in. That way if they break something they have to fix it and it's on them to fit it and make it work. It's not that hard to do, but there are somethings that you can really screw up if you get it wrong. Think about how nice it would be to drop the car off, then come back and just hand them a few extra quid and drive away with it done. Not to mention it would be a shame to burn your new car to the ground.

@dragonslayer33101 is correct, the golf uses 6.5 inch, or 165 size speakers for the woofer and you can squeeze in ~1 1/2 inch or 45mm tweeters in the stock locations but it's not just drop in.

@Ghost-GTI I will be doing a full writeup for an 2 door install very soon. Pretty much waiting on my speaker wire at this point. :happyanim: Based off of what I discussed here. Budget Build Plan