Not open for further replies.

MFactory

GolfMkV Sponsor

Tuuza

Ready to race!

First impressions are very good.

Tuuza

Ready to race!
Installed the coilovers last night. The build guality of the set was very good, everything went in just the way they should.

Phone battery died, so couldn't take photos during install. After they settle and find their place I will adjust them and take some photos.

Only downside was the rear spring adjusting body, the centerhole was abit too big, and it had some space to move there while uncompressed.

Drove it home for few miles and the difference over OEM springs is huge. Even with "random" stiffnes settings they performed really well.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Installed the coilovers last night. The build guality of the set was very good, everything went in just the way they should.

Phone battery died, so couldn't take photos during install. After they settle and find their place I will adjust them and take some photos.

Only downside was the rear spring adjusting body, the centerhole was abit too big, and it had some space to move there while uncompressed.

Drove it home for few miles and the difference over OEM springs is huge. Even with "random" stiffnes settings they performed really well.

bump this thread, just want to hear some more feedback before I give this a try. Did you have a chance to do some slightly more aggressive driving?

Tuuza

Ready to race!
Sorry for the late answer, I am at Wörthersee, Austria. I have now driven 2000km/~1300miles in a week, 120mph on autobahn and the mountain slopes of Alps. Everything has been good with the coilovers, no unusual behaving, sounds etc. Just what I would excpect from a higher price set. The famous Nurburgring is on my way home, so if the schedule allows, I'll drive the track.
With the car lowerd this "low" haven't had cornering rub at all. Still not having my teeth fall off.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Tuuza

Ready to race!
5000 km now behind, everything good. No excess bouncing after bump, still softer and more comfortable than most coilovers at this height IMO. Didnt make it to the track, and theres none near me. Have driven fast mountain roads and the usual cornering. Would recommend for anyone.

Thanks

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
How did I miss this? Right around the time I was getting the Mfactory LSD installed you were doing this behind my back SY? My KW V2s are 6.5yrs and 80K miles old. I have a few teeth left and want to save them...

Status
Not open for further replies.