GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New TDI Engine

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
Not sure if I'm seeing this right but no IC?

Air to Water, no Air to Air... the IC Icing problem is solved! No info on the hpfp changes though

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
The integrated DPF is gonna suck; means failures will cost even more to replace out of warranty...

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
The A2W intercooler is quite similar to what the Passat is already running; and it has been pretty successful for them on that model.

It should be pretty good.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Oh wow 10hp more. Who cares? Next.

McQueen77

Banned
^^ seriously. only thing of interest is the GTD possibly coming here.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
^^ seriously. only thing of interest is the GTD possibly coming here.

heres a thought. how about they use the SAME FUCKING MOTOR IN THE GTD AND PUT IT IN THE TDI, AND SAVE ON SOME R&D THAT OBVIOUSLY SUCKS BECAUSE THE TDI 2.0 CR SUCKS.

/rant.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
or just scrap the TDI and just have a GTD. oh wow what a concept!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
A number of changes have been made to help reduce emissions, such as: use of a complex exhaust gas recirculation system (with high pressure EGR and a cooled low-pressure EGR); integration of the water-cooled intercooler and the EGR valve with the intake manifold, which also improves throttle response; and packaging the exhaust after-treatment components close to the engine by combining the DPF with the SCR Catalyst

That is way to complex for good reliability, VW reliability on diesel exhaust cleaning tech is already sub par and this will make it worse.

I'd much rather have a simpler 1.8T that will be faster and 5k cheaper than a comparable TDI.

McQueen77

Banned
yeah, with the 2015 Golf projected to easily get 36+ hwy, why even get a TDI? i wonder if anyone will even keep the new gen TDIs as long as they did the old ones? used to be standard to get a TDI and get 300k miles out of it but now, everyone is scared for having to shell out thousands for some epic fuel system or emissions related repair, people are jumping ship early. that defeats the purpose of the TDI. if you are going to pay a premium for a TDI because you are supposedly winning with better mileage and an engine that will run forever, all that goes out the window if you just trade up after 5 years...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
yeah, with the 2015 Golf projected to easily get 36+ hwy, why even get a TDI? i wonder if anyone will even keep the new gen TDIs as long as they did the old ones? used to be standard to get a TDI and get 300k miles out of it but now, everyone is scared for having to shell out thousands for some epic fuel system or emissions related repair, people are jumping ship early. that defeats the purpose of the TDI. if you are going to pay a premium for a TDI because you are supposedly winning with better mileage and an engine that will run forever, all that goes out the window if you just trade up after 5 years...

Yep...

And TDI has a timing belt that is not cheap to replace at 120k miles. All in all keeping this car outside of 100k miles is simply financially stupid. The maintenance of the Timing belt +DPF will easily surpass 4k by 150k miles or so.

All in all I wish I knew these things going in... but I wanted the D(iesel)

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Yep...

And TDI has a timing belt that is not cheap to replace at 120k miles. All in all keeping this car outside of 100k miles is simply financially stupid. The maintenance of the Timing belt +DPF will easily surpass 4k by 150k miles or so.

All in all I wish I knew these things going in... but I wanted the D(iesel)

this. 3 of my buddies have diesel trucks, and they put out so much power and they are fun. and i was thinking this car would be the same. but there are so many fucking sensors on everything, and it cost SO much to mod. this car ruined my diesel boner for sure.:thumbdown:

McQueen77

Banned
guess you're better off getting an old mk4 diesel and modding that then..