GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WHAT COMES AFTER A GTI ?

silverstone007

Passed Driver's Ed
I really enjoy my MK6 GTI , but I sometimes wonder what will replace my GTI when I get tired of it ? I work for a car dealership ( not VW ) but we sell a lot of High end used cars like Audi - BMW- Mercedes-Lexus-Porsche ... So temptation to change is there all the time...
I wonder should I upgrade the power & go to stage 1+ or 2 or buy something new that has 300hp ?

zrickety

The Fixer
Stage 1 and you'll be happy. What comes next is probably a woman, kids, and an SUV.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
If you have the money why not get a Porsche or Merc?

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Something RWD. I love my GTI but you can't get away from understeer when driving it hard.

mmmoose

Ready to race!
While everybody is talking tunes, mk7s, and Audis, I'm probably in the minority here in saying that I'm interested in a Mazda3. I realize it's a downgrade in power, but after a test drive I felt that both the throttle and steering felt noticeably more responsive than my GTI. Found out later that the GTI requires 3 full turns of the steering wheel from lock to lock. While the Mazda3 gets 2.5 turns and even the new Civic is down to 2.2 turns. Seems a bit assbackwards for the GTI to be the highest of the bunch, no?

Lately VW has been creeping more towards comfort/luxury rather than "sportiness", and I guess I miss having a car that just feels more dialed in (even if it means dealing with a slightly cheaper interior or more road noise). I know the mk7 GTI sheds some pounds and improved the steering considerably. Unfortunately I'll be in the market for a condo/house soon and a brand new mk7 GTI will be way out of my price range. I'm also not sold on the mk7 gen design either. :-/

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
While everybody is talking tunes, mk7s, and Audis, I'm probably in the minority here in saying that I'm interested in a Mazda3. I realize it's a downgrade in power, but after a test drive I felt that both the throttle and steering felt noticeably more responsive than my GTI. Found out later that the GTI requires 3 full turns of the steering wheel from lock to lock. While the Mazda3 gets 2.5 turns and even the new Civic is down to 2.2 turns. Seems a bit assbackwards for the GTI to be the highest of the bunch, no?

Lately VW has been creeping more towards comfort/luxury rather than "sportiness", and I guess I miss having a car that just feels more dialed in (even if it means dealing with a slightly cheaper interior or more road noise). I know the mk7 GTI sheds some pounds and improved the steering considerably. Unfortunately I'll be in the market for a condo/house soon and a brand new mk7 GTI will be way out of my price range. I'm also not sold on the mk7 gen design either. :-/

Mazda 3? Not even comparable cars. I owned a first gen Mazda 3 and loved it but the GTI shits on it in every imaginable category.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
S4 seems like the next logical step
Nice, but they are boats.

Nice, but they are gutless.