GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rough ride in hopes of Better ride!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
(CUT from the TOP of the bs!). Remember that you can pull the whole bumpstop down out of the rear shock mount. How much you cut is dependent on measurements but I would just cut the top nub off and see where that gets you. :thumbup:

If you cut the top of the bump stop off, what's going to hold it (and the dust boot) up in the shock mount then? :iono:

emanuel_v19

Ready to race!
Well, there go that. I messed up cutting the bottom part. Bummer. I will leave it like that till i have the energy to buy and change them next time

Tjbgtv8

Well, there go that. I messed up cutting the bottom part. Bummer. I will leave it like that till i have the energy to buy and change them next time

It's not the end of the world at all. It just means that the transition to when the bump stop engages is going to be a little firmer

Bowthewow

Ready to race!
Ok, so i thought i could get away with it but apparently i cant handle it anymore!

I installed the H and R sports springs and left the stock front struts/rear shocks thinking the ride wouldn't be as rough but now its over my head and really irking. I know i wont get the feel like some fancy comfort car but i need help in choosing the best aftermarket(or even VW brand if its possible) to make my car the most comfortable as possible while leaving the H and R sports spring intact. Before this car i had an MKV GTI with Koni yellows and Koni springs and it drove like a charm, comfortable (could take road impacts really well) and great handling. I know my Jetta does not have and independent rear suspension. All i want is some advice to take the correct route to the closest comfortable setup i can make. I would really appreciate for those that know more than us.

Thank you!

Before i put in bags i had ST's and can say they felt like stock suspension and i was all the way down. Now feel every damn crack in the road even with double bellows.

Tjbgtv8

So the bump stop/boot can just rattle around and the dust boot isn't protecting the shock's rod anymore....got it :rolleyes:

Haha rattle around? It's microcell polyurethane, couldn't make noise with it if you tried. Also the main purpose of the dust boot is so dirt doesn't get into the shock, which the dust boot is still there and providing that protection. Unless you're doing rally cross most people don't even need one.

By the way sarcasm doesn't make you sound smart. Intelligent responses do [emoji1360]

ricdiablo1

Ready to race!
I'm following this thread. I literally ordered a set of H&R Sport Springs last week and they will be here Friday. And now...I'm worried. I got those because everyone kept saying how "great the ride feels", and "I should have done this sooner."

I was just about to post a question on the forum about ride quality and H&R Sport Springs. Thanks

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
^^^
They're going to be stiffer, but you'll want to pair them with aftermarket dampers for the best ride unless the roads near you are glass smooth