GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

master water/meth discussion thread

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
You can't check/test the wiring to be sure something isn't up? I just find it hard to believe out of the bunch of us with Aquamist I haven't heard of anyone running through sensors because of it except for you. Like I said through texts, all of mine are 119k mile old OEM sensors and I haven't had an issue.

You’re talking to me, I’m handy but not that handy. The MAP sensors have blown randomly and spot checking block 115 shows they are fine up until the point they go on me. I’m not sure how to even try and track it down to be honest.

As for
The failsafe, all you do is cut one wire to the solenoid for your boost controller and wire the Aquamist or whatever else you're going to be using in. Takes all of ten minutes.

I’m going to call Greddy to find the correct wire to splice. I would wire in the tank’s level sensor wire to this? IE tank empty, dump boost?

And I think with your injectors you will have more than enough fuel. My concern would be, unless you plan to run e85 all the time, 93 octane by itself won't be enough to suppress knock for the timing you'll have to run to hit the numbers you want. So in the case of being on 93, the meth will be critical to not knock.

Lol I have access to Powermist fuels for sealed drums of 100-120 octane, the frequency this car will be run I can run race gas for my high boost setting and 93 for my low boost setting with meth conditioning the 93. No plans for E85 at this time with the TT-RS LPFP.

And the flow switch can easily be hooked up to an LED so you still have a low level indicator up front.

Do you think the AEM water meth flow gauge to replace the Aquamist gauge in the Podi steering column mount would be better?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
You’re talking to me, I’m handy but not that handy. The MAP sensors have blown randomly and spot checking block 115 shows they are fine up until the point they go on me. I’m not sure how to even try and track it down to be honest.

I’m going to call Greddy to find the correct wire to splice. I would wire in the tank’s level sensor wire to this? IE tank empty, dump boost?

Lol I have access to Powermist fuels for sealed drums of 100-120 octane, the frequency this car will be run I can run race gas for my high boost setting and 93 for my low boost setting with meth conditioning the 93. No plans for E85 at this time with the TT-RS LPFP.

Do you think the AEM water meth flow gauge to replace the Aquamist gauge in the Podi steering column mount would be better?

I'm sure you could resistance check the wires. There has to be a spec posted somewhere.

Either wire will do, it's PWM so the failsafe either makes a complete circuit or doesn't.

No, tank level to an LED to show when it's low or not. It won't do anything for failsafe functions.

Good shit on 100 octane. I still like meth to be able to run that aggressive timing map daily :)

I've seen people with that gauge and it doesn't seem very accurate, but it'll at least tell you if something is working I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure you could resistance check the wires. There has to be a spec posted somewhere.

Either wire will do, it's PWM so the failsafe either makes a complete circuit or doesn't.

No, tank level to an LED to show when it's low or not. It won't do anything for failsafe functions.

Good shit on 100 octane. I still like meth to be able to run that aggressive timing map daily :)

I've seen people with that gauge and it doesn't seem very accurate, but it'll at least tell you if something is working I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crap, I was hoping that gauge was legit. Any others you recommend? I wish I could use the Aquamist flow sensor on the FAV now and somehow tie it into a gauge. OR, keep the Aquamist gauge for the flow sensor and level light without the need for the wiring and controller.

_Dejan_

Passed Driver's Ed
@HYDE16 Are you shure that you can't use Aquamist gauge without their system?
When Im search for wather meth system Im find one other kit which use aquamist gauge... If you search in google for "Hydramist water meth" you will find it... So probably with flow sensor and some simple logic circuit this can be possible...

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
^^ That. It may take some doing, but all you should need to do is somehow power the gauge and hook it to the flow sensor. You could probably even just remove the other wires going to the AM box and just leave the gauge and flow sensor and float switch connected and use it that way. I honestly think just leaving the whole thing alone is your best bet, but that's just me.

Edit: It would probably even be cost prohibitive to remove and sell the AM stuff and replace it with other stuff. You're going to end up spending a pile of money and time to remove a good system and replace most of the stuff with inferior components (AEM flow and failsafe). I have a friend (goodtimesindeed on here) with the AEM failsafe and unless something has changed or it was wired incorrectly (which I went over it with him so it shouldn't be) he never got it to work right.

siupo1281

Ready to race!
Question, I am planning to buy the water meth kit. but will the water meth can help me clean up some old carbon build up? or is better to do the carbon clean up before I install the w/m kit

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Question, I am planning to buy the water meth kit. but will the water meth can help me clean up some old carbon build up? or is better to do the carbon clean up before I install the w/m kit

Carbon cleaning before, I run direct port and I still had carbon, going to see what port fueling will do (gasoline) with meth.

siupo1281

Ready to race!
I plan to do the single nozzle on the tb. hope it will help slow down the carbon build up after I install it.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I plan to do the single nozzle on the tb. hope it will help slow down the carbon build up after I install it.

I mean no offense, but it will not slow or prevent it. Remember, meth is only on when we are in boost potentially "washing" the intake runners/valves/head but this is all dependent on volume and location of the jets. Direct port 500+cc/min jets will dump meth/fuel volume which could wet the carbon build up (to dissolve, erode or wash the top layer away) but guaranteed a lot of people are running smaller cc/min and throttle body or further back so by the time it reaches the head it's minimal fluid volume and atomizes. Carbon build up occurs in vacuum when you are not spraying meth. I've run direct port jets for years, carbon build up was still there.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
meth does nothing to prevent carbon. I just cleaned my valves and replaced my intake, and after probably 50k miles with a dual nozzle setup, the carbon was probably 1/8" thick in some places. It was nasty.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I ran water methanol system on my car for 3 years and at 75K mi took car in for carbon cleaning and folks that saw the pics said it looked just like a car without water meth, no reduction in carbon build up. Water meth was installed at about 40K miles.

I will say that most of us don't install direct port or TB nozzle systems when the cars are new. Usually the cars have been modded over time and we eventually put w/m on as we reach that level. So its harder to say would it prevent or slow down carbon build up rather than will it clean a motor with mileage on it.

siupo1281

Ready to race!
thanks for the info guys. the shop said it will help, i guess they just want to make money. if it doesnt help to slow down the carbon build up, i guess i better spend my mony on k04 or f23

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Gasoline has a lot more detergents than WMI. We've gone through this experience with our aux fuel kits for the Ecoboost.

Have a look at the pictures on this page:

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_94&products_id=255

After installing 4 port aux fuel versus throttle body the valves are factory fresh clean. The aux fuel only runs under boost but I spend a good amount of time there :).

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Gasoline has a lot more detergents than WMI. We've gone through this experience with our aux fuel kits for the Ecoboost.

Have a look at the pictures on this page:

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_94&products_id=255

After installing 4 port aux fuel versus throttle body the valves are factory fresh clean. The aux fuel only runs under boost but I spend a good amount of time there :).

Can't wait to get my two twin spray port injectors running.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
Hah, those don't even look bad.. you'd be horrified if you saw what mine looked like before I cleaned them last weekend