GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
what would you guys say we vac at? -20 to -21 or -21 to -23? i believe im still get some bleed off from thr dv while cruising at 65-70mph. car builds 5lbs and feels like its slowing down and does it repetitively. same thing happened when i had a hole in my tbp between the map and tb. (new pipe now).

thinking of swappig in the stiffer spring to see if this helps but seeing if maybe anyone had anything similar happen before i buy it

It will hit 21 for sure

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
Don are you watching vac on the Greddy Profec? It will never display more than -9.9psi

i also have a traditional boost gauge as well. it is steady at -21. i just get this weird "surge" like issue when cruising on the highway around 65/70.

Been trying to upload a video but photobucket isnt cooperating.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown

this is steady (cruise control) at 70 mph. rpms drop slightly. boost to 5lbs-ish. car feel like im applying slight brake pressure. no boost leaks. it will do this repetitively until i raise or lower speed.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
What tune is on it? I'd check timing advance. I know when I had part throttle timing too low at some loads it would feel like I was throwing out a boat anchor while still in part throttle and it would want to try and make boost.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
What tune is on it? I'd check timing advance. I know when I had part throttle timing too low at some loads it would feel like I was throwing out a boat anchor while still in part throttle and it would want to try and make boost.

this is EXACTLY what it feels like! ill have to log when i get home from Eurokracy

james9120

Go Kart Champion
finally getting this going. still not sure if i want to flash their file now, i have a track day in 2 weeks and my current tune "works" even though it's not the best.

Finally!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
so i got some kinda inside info on the new hpfp from uni. their aiming for it to be out by waterfest along with their Bt kit. its already more consistent than the nordstrom one although they couldnt give me any numbers or pricing on it as of yet. but it will be cheaper than theirs as well completely plug and play.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
ok so i dont see this making sense but i spoke to GIAC on my surging issue. they recommended putting the n75 back in the equation. now, we are still going to go back over the file and see where improvements or tweaks can be made but (and call me crazy if im wrong here) but that dosnet make sense to put the n75 back in along with the n75 does it?!

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
ok so i dont see this making sense but i spoke to GIAC on my surging issue. they recommended putting the n75 back in the equation. now, we are still going to go back over the file and see where improvements or tweaks can be made but (and call me crazy if im wrong here) but that dosnet make sense to put the n75 back in along with the n75 does it?!

If you're N75 is already plugged in (to avoid codes) but not plumbed (because you use the Greddy Project EBC), what do they mean by adding it back in? Run it instead of the Greddy? You can't have both plumbed in controlling boost.