GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Podi gage?????

Turbo Beetle

Ready to race!
Has anyone been able to get a response from Podi lately?

I have sent several emails to sales@podi.ca and to Winston and no reply.

I have an intermittent problem with the Podi gage I purchased new from Podi. It has been malfunctioning for some time now and it would be nice if they listed a phone number or at least answered an email.

I had seen some good reviews for the Podi gage and purchased it expecting a quality product with good service. At this time after multiple failures of response from Podi and the fact that the gage fails intermittently I would not recommend this gage to anyone.

Last edited:

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
wow. Their website looks like they have a $50 budget. LOL

What the hell happened to that company??

I'm guessing yours is an electronic one. Sending unit perhaps?

Turbo Beetle

Ready to race!
wow. Their website looks like they have a $50 budget. LOL

What the hell happened to that company??

I'm guessing yours is an electronic one. Sending unit perhaps?

Yes, it could be the sending unit but it would be nice if Podi would respond to my email that describes the issues.

It would be a huge improvement if Podi had a phone number and at least one person to answer the phone or at least respond to emails.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I’ve had a couple issues with mine over the years. But most of the time it’s just my in line filter getting clogged with oil and screws the whole gauge. I’d start there.

I have a whole kit I bought awhile back and just needed the gauge itself and a new filter so I have all the wiring and sending unit of you think that is your problem. I’d let it go cheap as I surely don’t need it.

Turbo Beetle

Ready to race!
I’ve had a couple issues with mine over the years. But most of the time it’s just my in line filter getting clogged with oil and screws the whole gauge. I’d start there.

I have a whole kit I bought awhile back and just needed the gauge itself and a new filter so I have all the wiring and sending unit of you think that is your problem. I’d let it go cheap as I surely don’t need it.

Thanks for your offer but I clean my gage line aprox every 90 days and change the in line filter at the same time and this is not part of the problem I have with the gage.

I can most times remove the connection at the back of the gage and reconnect after a couple of minutes and all is well for a day or two or even a month but the delayed reaction and boost readings 5-15 above correct boost always comes back. I know the boost is incorrect because My Turbo Beetle has an in dash boost gage but it only reads 20psi max and I have a K04 and I boost to at least 25-27 psi so I bought the Podi. I can compare the two gages when I am a low boost very easily and when the Podi is working correctly the gages are reading equal and when the Podi malfuntions it reads 5-15 psi higher. I know the Podi is the incorrect gage because it will read 30psi when I am no where near 30psi (barely 15psi). BTW the Turbo Beetle gage is absolute and I am aware of that and compensate when comparing readings.

Last edited:

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
If you clean the vacuum line often and issue is still there, it's likely the sending unit. That's the drawback and main reason why I prefer mechanical gauges instead. It's almost fail-proof, no matter the brand. Cheap crappy brands don't count. LOL

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
So really if you clean it often and change the filter I have the sending unit brand new and happy to pass it along to try. $5+shipping. Not trying to make money off you, just trying to help since I have the part just laying around!

Let me know.

Turbo Beetle

Ready to race!
So really if you clean it often and change the filter I have the sending unit brand new and happy to pass it along to try. $5+shipping. Not trying to make money off you, just trying to help since I have the part just laying around!

Let me know.

Thanks, I will send you a PM

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion