GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
First little joust since going KO4. Fed the gap juice to a 9th gen Si from a dig. By the time I clicked 2nd he was already in the rear view. I even surprised myself, this car is crazy with the KO4. It's like a whole new car. Best investment I ever made.

good to hear. cant wait to install mine. :drool:

Those 9th gen Si’s don’t stand a chance in the straight line; they need boost.

That k04 must pulllllll tho, you’ll kill a lot more cars no doubt.

K04 does damage, really kicks the car into gear, it still brings a smile to my face every day!

I find myself having the most fun giving it just a little bit of juice, just enough to bait someone into going, and then putting the hammer down...that and watching guys try to catch up at full throttle, and then punching it when they get even with you, looking over, catching their eyes, and then you just leave them for dead hahaha

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Had a mini cooper s in front of me today; he had graphics on the side, it was slightly lowered, tinted, and on the back hatch, in the same color as the graphics, he had a "Z Z Z" sleeper graphic. Very subtle, but that's definitely what it was, it was otherwise devoid of pretty much anything, definitely a clean car overall.
I pulled around the corner onto the long straight stretch, he's driving like a snail...I think, whatever, just an old dude or something, so I go around him, now in 2nd gear, I just give it about 40% to basically get up to speed - I got about 1 bus length away and here he comes. I was ready to roll into it immediately, mashed on it, and multi-bused him. I slowed back down and sat behind a van doing 5 under (everyone does 15 over on this road), and he sat about 2 buses back and would not come forward...:iono:
I just wanted to give you a thumbs up man, don't be bashful, we ALL lose to someone...:yikes:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
raced a fiesta st, it kept up guys wow. found the guy on local car group, was modded pretty well but still. impressive.png

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
focus rs not as fast as people think once you factor in vehicle weight and all wheel drive train loss.

same can be said vs mk7 R

driver mod obviously plays a role

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
focus rs not as fast as people think once you factor in vehicle weight and all wheel drive train loss.

same can be said vs mk7 R

driver mod obviously plays a role

Yup. This as well. It was dead even. I was happy my $20k car kept up with a $40k plus car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksandman

Ready to race!
I just installed a stage 2 + package on an RS. I was completely underwhelmed by its performance. My k04 gti feels like it would obliterate it. It was still a cool car though no doubt

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I just installed a stage 2 + package on an RS. I was completely underwhelmed by its performance. My k04 gti feels like it would obliterate it. It was still a cool car though no doubt

It probably would yeah.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion

It probably would yeah.

Ran a stock RS (so he said) with my low output K04 (313/344 to the wheels dyno'd), from 20mph, it was even until mid 3rd gear, started pulling then, by the top of 4th I had about 6 cars. I am manual, but I didn't miss any shifts and felt like shifting was pretty much on point. Maybe the top end that I'm missing in the high output file would have helped me pull harder, but definitely didn't experience any obliteration, was closer than I'd hoped for certain.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
When i piss people off on the road intentionally or not , i wave and smile back. they freak. its great.

CSB

ksandman

Ready to race!
Ran a stock RS (so he said) with my low output K04 (313/344 to the wheels dyno'd), from 20mph, it was even until mid 3rd gear, started pulling then, by the top of 4th I had about 6 cars. I am manual, but I didn't miss any shifts and felt like shifting was pretty much on point. Maybe the top end that I'm missing in the high output file would have helped me pull harder, but definitely didn't experience any obliteration, was closer than I'd hoped for certain.

I would be interested to see how that race would go from a 40 roll. The awd favored him from a 20 I’m sure, but if you put six cars on him by the top of 4th, that’s a pretty good kill. I’m sure you had some wheel spin from 20mph.

I’m also just making assumptions based off my butt dyno. I know how my car acts and performs during different rpm ranges and what not whereas the RS was a new experience to me.

My car felt a lot faster, but the RS felt more stout and rigid, especially in track mode. I think that’s where that car would shine, on a track. Not a straight line.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I would be interested to see how that race would go from a 40 roll. The awd favored him from a 20 I’m sure, but if you put six cars on him by the top of 4th, that’s a pretty good kill. I’m sure you had some wheel spin from 20mph.

I’m also just making assumptions based off my butt dyno. I know how my car acts and performs during different rpm ranges and what not whereas the RS was a new experience to me.

My car felt a lot faster, but the RS felt more stout and rigid, especially in track mode. I think that’s where that car would shine, on a track. Not a straight line.

I can agree with that. K04 definitely feels like it doesn't start to move until mid 3rd, 4th is fantastic and just pulls like crazy. But I also saw that in the dynos, I definitely dyno'd higher in 4th than 3rd.

ksandman

Ready to race!
I can agree with that. K04 definitely feels like it doesn't start to move until mid 3rd, 4th is fantastic and just pulls like crazy. But I also saw that in the dynos, I definitely dyno'd higher in 4th than 3rd.

Yeah it feels very similar to my k03 down low, less wheel spin though. The k03 could spin in 3rd from 40 but faded out. The k04 doesn’t spin but definitely puts me in the seat. I love 3rd and 4th gear