GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

brobst's road to k04- 13' CSG 6MT

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Built motor and bigger turbo coming up next??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, that's a ways out. This was more of a mistake replacement.
---''''''------
Back to irridium spark plugs. 0.024 gap. 56600 miles installed. Replaced DV relocate hose that was damaged. Currently on dealer castrol oil until I do the first change. Going to pick up some motul shortly.
42dd shifter bushings removed from shifter relay due to some installer error. Side to side piece is back to stock, but still have my short shifter.
---''''-----
Summer tires installed again 05/01/2018
56955 miles

57455 miles oil change to Motul oil after motor break in of 1000 miles. Car feels good on the 93 pump tune so far.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Installed new catback hangers (back 3)
Installed fuel it ethanol sensor
Trying to restore the former glory of this car lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Trying out new cabin air filter.

Working through some COBB tuning kinks with the hpfp I am testing. More updates to come later closer to project completion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ksandman

Ready to race!
Right on man. What hpfp did you upgrade to and what was your reasoning for it?

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Right on man. What hpfp did you upgrade to and what was your reasoning for it?

Basically, I have the XDI hpfp, marketed by Nostrum energy. I was trying to increase my ethanol content percentage without introducing port fueling. Basically, it was choice between changing out stock position fueling components, or introducing new components (extra injectors, w/m, etc). To try and retain some stock like approach, I opted for changing stock components. I am currently tuning my 93pump gas file and then will go to eblend to check how it compares to what I could do before the pump was installed. Still stock injectors and lpfp. We shall see if it is worth it.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
New apr filter 60873 miles

Flush transmission fluid 61850. Also tracking down this rattle somewhere in the bay.

Diesel geek installed 61900. Its awesome, just takes some getting used too.

Last edited:

ksandman

Ready to race!
I’m not sure if it’s in your thread somewhere or not, but how did you mod the oem golf r turbo outlet so that it works with gti parts? Did you have to cut it off and weld a new piece on? Thanks

brobst

Go Kart Champion
The guy I purchased it from cut it and welded the appropriate angle outlet to accept the top. I do not know the specifics of that since it is not my specialty. There may be a picture of the weld. Let me check. I couldn't find one.
I’m not sure if it’s in your thread somewhere or not, but how did you mod the oem golf r turbo outlet so that it works with gti parts? Did you have to cut it off and weld a new piece on? Thanks

Last edited: